It's easier to speak on informative or entertainment topics than taking up something inspiring or motivational. The best way to make a motivational speech effective is to speak with conviction. Effective speaking can actually make a difference to the audience and thereby the society, in its own small way.
Making an inspiring speech requires courage and an ability to influence the listeners. Motivating someone is not easy. You need to believe in what you are saying and the belief has to reflect in your speech. Strong, encouraging words and motivational quotes can help make your speech effective. Basically, you should be convinced with the idea of motivating through words. Only then a motivational speech can serve its real purpose.
An inspiring speech can sound like a blabber if the speaker is not convinced with the idea that he is trying to motivate people about. For an inspiring speech to be effective, the speaker should be clear about the idea and his role in putting it across to the audience. The speech topic should be chosen wisely. Here are a few inspirational speech topics you can choose from.
Tips for an Effective Motivational Speech
Remember, inspiring someone is not easy. But a good use of words and appropriately placed examples can make an impact. Here are some pointers to a good speech.
- Be sure of the intention of your speech. Is it aimed at changing the way people think? Is it intended to make them do something? Is it aimed at influencing people to choose something against other things? Is it to make them quit something because it's bad? Does the speech intend to motivate people to work for a cause?
- Gather attention before you begin to speak.
- The opening lines make the first impression. It could be a good way to start with a famous inspirational quote or a short inspirational story. They are good ways to attract attention.
- Include real-life examples or give accounts of influential people's work.
- Make a direct address to the audience. Let there be surety and confidence in what you are trying to say.
- Express your belief in the idea you are trying to motivate people about.
- Along with stories about famous people, if you could include your own experience or something that changed you or motivated you in life, it will have a greater impact.
- Ask the audience for feedback after your speech.
Motivational speeches are meant to make a difference. The fundamental purpose of these speeches is to motivate the listeners towards bringing about a positive change in their life or the society at large. Hope you do that through an effective speech on one of these inspirational speech topics. All the best!