- Length: 1 page
- Word Count: 200 to 400 words
- What to Avoid: Prolonged description and lengthy sentences
Introduction letters are generally cover letters used to introduce a particular person, product, or a new service. It may be used to acquaint a customer with a business or for making a detailed personal introduction. Writing brief and insightful letters is surely an art. Here is a template that can simplify your task of writing such a letter.Letter Template
Name of company/Company letterhead
Addressee's position (If applicable)
Company name (If applicable)
Dear (Name of the addressee),
First and foremost, we thank you for the interest shown by you in our product (use the product name).
We at (name of company), are constantly trying to upgrade our products and improve our services to suit our customers' requirements. We are pleased to introduce our latest product, (product name), designed specially to satisfy your needs. We assure you that this product is extremely cost-effective, user-friendly, eco-friendly in nature.
We are attaching a printed brochure and price list of our product along with this letter for your reference. This will help you get a better idea about the product's features. We would also like to welcome you to come and see the product in person. The product will be kept on display at:
Pudding Street, Annandale, NJ 08801
Date of Display: Oct. 5 to Oct. 8, 2012
Time: 9 am to 8 pm
For any other queries, please feel free to call on our toll free number mentioned above. We thank you for your past and continued patronage to (name of company).
(Name of the Company)
February 5, 2010Points to Remember
1350 Sparks St., Suite 725
Ottawa, ON, K1P 1C4
Please allow me to introduce the bearer of this letter, Ms. Amy Wilson. Amy is a gifted student studying at the Houston School of Mass Media, and majoring in Social Communication. I know Amy through the Boston Theater Group, where, as you know, I am the technical director. I have worked with her on several local projects, and have been a witness (and beneficiary) of her creative brilliance and originality.
Amy needs to do a two month internship with a firm that will not only harness her creativity, but also allow her to get some hands on experience in her field. I could think of no better organization than yours, which is capable of both nurturing as well as molding a young professional. I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider her for one of the intern positions, for you only stand to benefit, as I have in the past.
I've attached her resume for your review and you can contact her at email@example.com or 555-555-5555. Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Boston Theater Group
- The ideal font for an introduction letter is Ariel or Times New Roman. The ideal font size is 12.
- It is essential that introduction letters are brief and to the point. Avoid lengthy description of a person or a product, since you will attaching supporting documents along with this letter.
- Start an introduction letter for product marketing with a headline that catches the reader's attention.
- Personalize the letter by using salutations such as Dear Mr. Dew or Dear John. Ensure that you have correctly spelled the name of the addressee. If the addressee of the letter is not specifically known, then use salutation such as Dear Customer.
- The first paragraph should help a reader understand the core subject of the letter. e.g. introduction of the person or name of a product/service. It may also include a few details about the writer (when writing introduction letter for a person) or the company (when writing introduction letter for marketing purpose).
- The second paragraph needs to contain additional details about the person or product. This paragraph may highlight a person's qualifications and special achievements or certain special features of a product, details of sale offer or introductory price, etc. Since introduction letters are used as covering letters, the second paragraph should also bear reference about any attached resume, mark sheet. catalog, brochure, discount coupons, etc.
- Ideally, end the letter with the word 'Sincerely', followed by your signature, name, position, company name, phone, email, fax, etc.
- Introduction letters are said to influence the reader's mind. Hence, it is recommended that you proofread the letter before sending it out.
I hope this article has clarified your doubts about writing an introduction letter. Since these letters should have a personal tone, you are free to incorporate some original ideas which suit the purpose of your letter.