Give up on High Calorie Foods
There are certain foods which are very high in calories and devoid of any vitamins or nutrients. Fast foods such as pizzas, burgers, high sugar foods like cakes, pastries and cookies, aerated drinks, alcoholic drinks, processed foods, all fall under this category. These foods should be avoided, if you are serious about your weight loss goals.
Count Your Calorie Intake
The fat that gets deposited in our body is nothing but the excess calorie that we take in everyday. Suppose we take 2000 calories in a day and burn only 1500 calories, the excess calories get deposited in our body for contingencies. Keep a check on your calorie intake and burn more calories than you consume.
Include Fiber-rich Foods in the Diet
Include lots of fiber-rich foods in your diet. Fiber foods keep the body full for a very long time. This means that if you eat them in a meal, you will tend to eat less in your next meal. Moreover, fiber foods aid in removal of wastes from the body, which otherwise accumulate as fats. Thus, one of the best ways to lose weight is to eat high-fiber foods such as beans, strawberries, oranges, prunes, peas, spinach, cabbage, carrots, apples, bananas, broccoli and sweet corn, amongst others.
Drink Lots of Water
Drink a gallon of water everyday. Water aids in digestion, removes wastes from the body, is known to suppress hunger pangs and keeps all the important organs of the body, including the liver, well-functional. Drink warm water, instead of water at room temperature, throughout the day. This is known to keep accumulation of wastes and fats in the body, in check.
Take a Balanced Diet
A diet supplies with the right amount of vitamins, nutrients, calcium, carbohydrates, iron, proteins, fiber and fats are essential if you want to lose weight in a healthy manner. Lots of weight loss diets recommend to give up carbohydrates, however, you should never do it. The carbohydrate requirements of the body should be met with brown rice, brown bread, cereals, lentils, and beans and the proteins from eggs, fish, and lean meats. Red meats should be given up.
One important tip for losing weight naturally is to exercise everyday. Cardiovascular exercises such as aerobics, swimming, jogging and cycling should be done everyday as they help in losing weight from all over the body. These should be combined with exercises aimed at a particular body part, which strengthen and tone up muscles of a specific body area. Weight training, flexibility exercises and resistance training should be a part of your exercise regimen.
However, these should be undertaken only under the guidance and supervision of a trained professional. So, if you can afford, hire a trainer who would come and teach you effective weight loss exercises. Otherwise, get some exercise videos from the market and undertake exercises at home, watching them.
Healthy Weight Loss Tips
- Take five small meals in a day, instead of three.
- Have a heavy breakfast. Cereals, eggs, low-fat milk and fruits should be taken in breakfast.
- Have a light dinner, two to three hours before sleeping. This will aid in digestion.
- Eat steamed food with least oil and prefer to have broiled or roasted meat over fried one.
- Negative calorie foods like tomato and cucumber help a lot as the calories required to burn them are more than the calories that they provide.
- Salt intake results in weight gain and should be reduced.
- Cabbage hinders the formation of fat from carbs and hence it should be included in the diet.
- Two-thirds of your diet should be made of fruits and vegetables. They are full of vitamins and minerals and are very less in calories.
- Keep stress at bay. Undertake meditation and breathing exercises at home. Sleep for seven to eight hours every night. This will ensure that you do not resort to emotional eating.