These days many of us follow a sedentary lifestyle that invites several health problems, which include obesity, hypertension and stress. Exercising has always been promoted as a key to a healthy and fit life. Performing exercises on a daily basis, not only helps improve your health but also boosts self-confidence and relieves stress. Exercising is a wonderful way of re-energizing your body and soul. So, have you finally decided to make exercising a part of your daily routine and want some daily tips on exercising? Then, here are some simple tips for a daily exercise routine.
- It is not compulsory to join a gym for exercising. You can go for simple exercises that do not require special equipment, such as brisk walking, and running and jogging.
- Include a variety of exercises so that you do not get bored with your daily exercise routine.
- Always have a pair of dumbbells and a Swiss ball, so that you can perform various exercises at home.
- You should wear a comfortable outfit while exercising. These include comfortable and properly fitted footwear and loose clothes.
- Turn on the music every time you exercise. Listen to some good workout songs that will keep you entertained.
- Keep a record of exercises that you have performed. For example, note down the number of push ups or sit-ups you performed. This will help you to increase the number of repetitions gradually.
- Never overdo and see that you exercise for 30 to 60 minutes daily.
- If you prefer working out at home, then take help of workout videos and learn the exact steps to perform various exercises.
- You can take a break from your workout once a week.
- Instead of drinking diet soft drinks or cold drinks, drink water. This will avoid the consumption of excess calories.
- Always perform warm up exercises before you start your workout.
- You should perform all types of exercises that will target all the muscles of your body.
- If you are working out at the gym, make sure to learn a proper method of using the gym equipment. You may end up hurting yourself if you are unaware of the proper technique.
- Concentrate on your breathing while performing the exercises. You should breathe out on muscle contraction and breathe in on muscle relaxation.
- Aerobic exercises are fun and you can perform this exercise when you get bored with your monotonous exercise routine.
- Exercise with a friend or family member to add fun and alleviate boredom.
- Along with the cardiovascular exercises, include strength training exercises in your daily workout program, since they benefit a lot.
- Bring a change in your workout program after every 4 weeks to avoid hitting a workout plateau.
- Watch what you eat! To lose weight you need to burn more calories than what you eat. So spend more energy than what you consume.
- Do not jump on crash and fad diets and follow a healthy diet plan. Change your eating habits and increase the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Measure your height and find out your ideal weight, this will help you to set your goals. You should lose a minimum of one pound per week.
- Stay away from junk and greasy foods. Also decrease the intake of high carbohydrate food products like pasta, white bread and potato.
- Make yourself aware of the calories in different food items, this will help you to restrict the calorie intake.
- Try different types of exercises if you get bored with the same old exercise routine.
- Set your goals! But see that the goals are realistic and you do not starve or over exert yourself.
- Never compare yourself with others, because everybody has different requirements and each one of us loses weight with different speeds.
- You should sleep for eight hours to give good rest to your body.
- Have small and frequent meals. Do not skip breakfast and follow the age-old rule, "Breakfast like a king, lunch like a common man and dinner like a beggar!"
- Increase the intake of dietary fiber as they help to absorb fats in the body.
- Drinking water is a must for good weight loss, so drink a minimum 8 glasses of water daily.
- Activeness is the key to weight loss! Avoid using elevators and climb the stairs. Walk to the store nearby, burn calories and save fuel. If you have a pet, take it with you for a walk.