Advertisement
It is not necessary that an individual will notice or learn about when and how he/she has any infections or illnesses. And when it comes to being exposed to black mold, any person can have either mild to severe illness caused due to it. Perhaps some of you may already know that mold it's a serious health issue, as there are certain health risks associated if someone is exposed to it. But first and foremost, we will understand what it is? Commonly known as mildew, it is a type of fungi; the black-green substance that forms around wet areas of your home. It is often known as 'toxic black mold' and 'sick building syndrome'. If a person breathes, ingests, or inhales black mild, he/she can be subjected to black mold poisoning.

Due to a leak in plumbing, crack in the floor, excessive condensation, or if there is water damage, the probability of mold development increases. As a serious health risk, if you or anyone you know has been exposed or poisoned, proper understanding of the topic is necessary. Why? Because then only you can find a treatment and head towards a healthier self. The dark, mucky area in your house is a perfect atmosphere for the mold to grow. And the fact that they are self-replicating doesn't help either. Young children and elderly are more vulnerable to the exposure. They feed off carbon available in the surroundings and sustain for a long time, if not taken care of soon. Mold also clings to materials like leather, carpet, wood, insulation, wallpaper, and plasterboard. These materials aid them in supporting and replicating for growth. In the following section, we are going to go over some of the common and less common symptoms of exposure and poisoning related to the mold and the necessary treatment methods.

Intoxication Due to Mold

Although our minds go directly towards finding a treatment for ridding our bodies of any infections, bacteria, infections, and/or diseases, it is essential to learn how to detect the mold. Once you detect its presence, the next step would automatically be finding the right treatment method. Which is why, in order to help you know whether or not you have been exposed or poisoned due to the mold, go over the symptoms which are mentioned below.

Symptoms of Intoxication

As our bodies are not designed to tolerate high amounts of mycotoxins (the toxin produced by fungus), the ill effects of toxic black mold is dangerous. And even though young children and the elderly will experience the effects sooner than young and healthy adults, not everyone is immune to them. If you have some sort of infection, the symptoms will start to show quicker than some. Here are some symptoms you should be aware of.

Acne
Cancer
Chills
Choking
Diarrhea
Hair loss
Nosebleeds
Sneezing fits
Poor Appetite
Spleen pain
Anaphylaxis
Coated tongue
Cold & fever
Food allergies
Bruising easily
Pitting up mucous
Early menopause
Altered immunity
Burning in throat
Balance problems
Abdominal pain
Physical weakness
Puffy/droopy eyes
Swollen lymph nodes
Open sores on head
Frequent infections
Irritability, mood swings
Metallic taste
Nose/throat irritation
Dirt-like taste
Open sores/lacerations
Chronic dandruff
Depression/anxiety
Body aches/muscle pain
Systemic candida infection
Sensitivity to odors
Pulmonary hemorrhage
Hypersensitivity to mold
Abnormal pap smears
Acid reflux/indigestion
Face flushing
Night sweats/hot flashes
Organic dust toxic syndrome
Face & limbs numbness
Vision problems
Eye irritation
Cholesterol issues
Eyes/nose/mouth/skin itching
Central nervous system disorders


It is essential to know that extended exposure can result in serious health effects. Now that we have explained what the most and least common symptoms are, we will jump to the treatment methods.

Treatment for Intoxication
  • The first step of treatment is keeping everyone away from the mold area.
  • If someone is affected by it, they should be removed from the vicinity so that further ingestion is not risked. Getting a laboratory blood test will be the second step.
  • Speak to your doctor as soon as the signs are visible. The doctor will be able to determine if you or someone else actually has the intoxication or not
  • Get the mold formation cleared out of your home. You don't want to subject others to its ill effects.
  • Hire a professional, purchase a mold removing kit, or follow the removal with bleach steps from the article.
It is vital that you consult with a healthcare professional that you know and trust. This way, you can get all the necessary medical attention and advice you may require. In order to keep yourself and the rest of your family away from the poisoning is by finding and removing mold infestation. If you suspect there is a musty smell in your bathroom or kitchen area, don't hesitate to have it inspected by a professional. And, always be alert and keep your home and family free of health dangers.