Home Remedies to Relieve Toothache
Toothaches are very common nowadays especially in children because they consume lots of sugary products and don't brush their teeth often. Herbal remedies are preferred specially by people who are allergic to foreign medicines. Their body cannot digest medicines designed by various pharmaceutical companies, for them here are some of the best home remedies for toothache.
- Placing an ice cube on the painful tooth eases your pain instantly. You can place the ice on the throbbing tooth and the pain will subside. This method has been proven successful in 90% of cases.
- Clove oil is also considered very healthy for a toothache. Apply 2 to 3 drops of clove oil on your affected tooth at least three times in a day.
- Slice a cold cucumber or a potato and make it rest near your tooth. Ginger also works really well in soothing the pain. Just place a small piece of ginger root on the affected area.
- Take 2 tbsp baking soda and mix well in a glass of water. Gargle and repeat when necessary.
- Many medical reports claim that rinsing your mouth with room temperature water is also good for a tooth ache. Rinsing after eating is a good way to ensure that nothing gets stuck in your teeth.
- You can also use an ice pack and place it on your cheek of the affected area. Ice guarantees instant pain relief.
- Using onion on the infected tooth is also a good idea for tooth pain relief. As onion is filled with anti bacterial properties it kills all the germs surrounding the teeth and keeps your mouth germ free.
- Hydrogen peroxide is also known to alleviate tooth pain which is caused by tooth decay and infections caused due to various gum diseases. After flossing, fill your mouth with hydrogen peroxide and keep it in your mouth for at least 30 seconds. Spit it out and rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Make sure you don't swallow the hydrogen peroxide as it brings a burning sensation and stomach cramps. Make sure you don't repeat this procedure for more than 3 days as it may harm your gums.
- Use the juice of wheat grass as a mouthwash for tooth decay. Wheat grass juice kills all the toxins in your mouth and also prevents bacterial growth.
- It's strange but whiskey is also a potential toothache healer. Fill a small glass of whiskey and keep it in the mouth. Hold the drink in your mouth for a minute and then spit it out. The whiskey absorbs the pain in your gum and provides relief.