"A work of art should start with the senses and proceed to the intellect."A mural, in all its glory, is an expressive medium for artists to showcase their painting skills. Many homeowners like the idea of installing wall murals to personalize their homes. But when it comes to dorm rooms, that's something completely different. Most colleges and universities don't allow students to paint their dorm room walls, and hence, this can pose as a minor setback for you. But there is a loophole here, and you can take advantage of it. Instead of painting your murals, stick them up with a double-sided tape with removable adhesive, and never worry about breaking any rules.
— Jules Dupré
Murals add life, color, and the 'wow' factor to any room. Create an exciting accent wall with a mural that speaks and portrays your personality. Here are a few wall mural ideas for your dorm room.
Abstract Wall Murals
It's quite simple to customize your side of the room. The important point to remember here, is to take the elements that inspire you the most. If you're enthusiastic or passionate about something, let it speak through the mural. It'll motivate you and make you feel at peace. Apart from this, other essential suggestions and tips include:
- First and foremost, choose your image. Know what gives you strength to push forward and keep doing well in life. Your choice will determine how you'll feel every day when you look at that mural.
- The next step is to measure the wall. This will determine whether you will need to place a custom order or get the image printed at a local copy center.
- When you give the image for printing, make sure you don't use paper. There are different types of material to print your mural on.
- While hanging the mural, ask your roommate or friend to help you. Stick the tape on the top-left side of the mural, and then the top-right side. Place it on the wall and add additional tape on either sides, and work your way down.
- Once the edges are stuck to the wall perfectly, do a final check to make sure you haven't missed any spots.
- Smoothen and straighten all bumps from your mural, and enjoy the view.