List of High Metabolic Rate Boosters
Also known as thiamine, it is the best vitamin for boosting metabolism. It is found in wheat flour, kidney beans, pork, and cereals. It breaks down carbohydrates. It helps turn blood sugar into energy that helps you to do your daily activities. It also helps in preventing cardiovascular diseases.
Vitamin B2 and B3
Both these are found in green vegetables, leafy products, and red meats. Also known as riboflavin, this nutrient promotes the production of red blood cells, gives you a healthy skin, and improves your eye vision. Vitamin B3, also known as niacin, helps the digestive system and provides you with glowing skin and healthy nerves. Both these nutrients help burn calories from carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
Vitamin B9 and B12
Vitamin B9, which is also known as folic acid, helps the body in making new blood cells. It's found in vegetables, mushrooms, and whole grains. Vitamin B12, also known as cobalamin in medical terms, helps in giving the body a healthy immune system. Both these work with each other to produce white blood corpuscles, which act as defense agents for the body. It is found in animal products, including dairy. People who are vegans should opt for a supplement.
All the above nutrients combine to form the B complex. They keep the blood purified, which keeps you healthy. They also keep the central nervous system healthy, which ensures that we get a good sleep.
Other Useful Tips
Now that you have an idea about the vitamins, it is essential that you follow some ways by which you can boost metabolism naturally, which will help you get a healthy body and fresh mind.
- Eat a balanced breakfast daily. Many people think that not having breakfast is an easy way to cut down on a few calories, but this actually makes your metabolic rate sluggish, and puts your body into starvation mode. This means more need of fat and less energy.
- Have a good lunch and a light dinner. Eat heavy foods during the day, as your body requires you to work. Don't have anything heavy during the night.
- Never starve yourself. Skipping breakfast and keeping your stomach empty is a signal to your body that food resources are low, and it must consume every calorie.
- Regular exercise boosts your metabolism. Practicing walking exercise daily for 40 minutes is an excellent tip.
- Drink lots of water, it is an all-rounder drink. It helps boost your metabolic rate, digestion and energy output.
Disclaimer: This Buzzle article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.