When undertaking this task, first write down your name, address, and other contact details. Then provide your resume objective statement. Next, list your previous work experience―make sure it is all relevant experience that will show your proficiency at the job you are applying for. A resume that has no previous experience can skip this section. Next, provide your educational qualifications. Then, the extra curricular activities that you have participated in. Once again, stick to relevant activities (make sure you make the irrelevant ones seem relevant, if required, by giving short explanations with all of them). Next on the list are your hobbies and interests. Make a note of only the relevant and impressive ones. Next, state any additional information that has not been listed in any of the categories above, but you find is important to mention. This is normally in accordance to the resume guidelines for new teachers.
List of Teacher Resume Career Objectives
- Passionate, dedicated educator seeking a position in teaching elementary education in a public school.
- To better facilitate student learning in various areas.
- To obtain a teaching position in an elementary school.
- Accomplished educator with demonstrated ability to teach, motivate, and direct students while maintaining high interest and achievement.
- Articulate communicator, able to effectively interact with diverse populations of students at a variety of academic levels. Consistently maintain excellent relations with students, parents, faculty, and administrators. Self-motivated with strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills.
Other than the sample above, there are few things to keep in mind while writing a resume career objective. These are as follows.
- Do not, at any point of time, make it look like you may leave the institution for better prospects.
- Always make sure that your objective statement shows interest and not need.
- Keep the sentences in the objective statement short and simple. Complex statements are seldom appreciated.
- Never let your personal objective seem bigger than the professional one.
- Never show that you are in the profession for money, however, do not give the impression that you will be willing to work for less than you're worth.
- Do not lie on your career objective.
- Do not give any controversial personal opinions in your career objective.
A teacher has the noble responsibility of shaping the society. As such, seldom are they allowed to be selfish and short tempered. Dealing with students can be a tough job. It requires patience and willingness to spend time with them.