During such times, self-help books prove to be of great help. With a huge variety of books available online, in stores and libraries, picking the right one may seem a dilemma. The following is a list of books for women, classified to cover some common issues.
The level of self-esteem shows how a person thinks of himself. Your life cannot be at peace if you do not respect yourself. Self-esteem issues have been a major concern for women throughout their lives; here are some books that will help you deal with such issues.
- Self-Esteem: A Proven Program of Cognitive Techniques for Assessing, Improving, and Maintaining Your Self-Esteem by Matthew McKay and Patrick Fanning
- Individual Power - Reclaiming your Core, Your Truth and your Life by Barbara Rose
- Awakening Self-Esteem: Spiritual and Psychological Techniques to Enhance Your Well-Being by Christine Maquth Nezu
- Women What the Hell are You Thinking: An Inspirational Guide to Becoming A Virtuous Woman by Cheryl Lacey-Donovan
- Feel the Fear... and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers
- Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self by Sarah Ban Breathnach
- Breaking the Chain of Low Self-Esteem by Marilyn Sorenson
- When I Say No, I Feel Guilty by Manuel J. Smith
Most women come across issues related to stress, body image, mental trauma, and mental disorders. Given below are some books that will help you in such difficult times.
- Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing by Christiane Northrup
- Women Who Run with the Wolves: Contacting the Power of the Wild Woman by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Wake Up, I'm Fat by Camryn Manheim
- Succulent Wild Woman by Sark
- Female Brain Gone Insane by Mia Lundin
Love and relationship concerns have always been digging the hearts of most women, be it dealing with a bad and abusive relationship, finding true love, or maintaining a relationship. These books cover points like understanding men, understanding why they cheat, and even understanding why some women cheat on their husbands.
- Stepcoupling: Creating and Sustaining a Strong Marriage in Today's Blended Family by Susan Wisdom & Jennifer Green
- Women Who Love Too Much: When You Keep Wishing and Hoping He'll Change by Robin Norwood
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman & Nan Silver
- The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to Recognize It and How to Respond by Patricia Evans
- Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men by Lundy Bancroft
- Getting Past Your Breakup: How to Turn a Devastating Loss into the Best Thing That Ever Happened to You by Susan J. Elliot JD MEd
Financial troubles disturb emotional and mental health, resulting in troubled relationships and low self-esteem. You can refer to the following books if you are dealing with such problems:
- The Wealthy Spirit: Daily Affirmations for Financial Stress Reduction by Chellie Campbell
- Manual For Living: Reality - FINANCE by Seth Chernoff