With Flounder, Scallop and Shrimp
- Lasagna Noodles, 1 pack
- Flounder Fillets, (rinsed, patted dry and cut into ½ inch cubes) ½ lb.
- Bay Scallops, (rinsed and patted dry) ½ lb.
- Medium Raw Shrimp, (peeled and deveined) ½ lb.
- Large Onion, (finely chopped) 1
- Cream-style Cottage Cheese, 1½ cup
- Margarine or Butter, 1 tbsp.
- Cream Cheese, (cut into ½ inch pieces) (softened) 1 package
- Dried Basil, 2 tsp.
- Garlic Clove, (minced) 1
- Black Pepper, ⅛ tsp.
- Salt, ½ tsp.
- Margarine or Butter, 2 tbsp.
- Milk, ⅓ cup
- Egg, (lightly beaten) 1
- Parmesan Cheese, (grated) 2 tbsp.
- Mozzarella Cheese, (shredded) 1 cup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup, 2 cans
Cook lasagna noodles as per directions on the package. Melt margarine over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook chopped onions in melted margarine until it becomes tender, stirring it frequently. Add cottage cheese, cream cheese, salt, basil, and pepper. Mix it well. Then add an egg and keep it aside. Add milk, soup, and garlic in a large bowl and mix them well. Then add fish fillets, shrimp, scallops, and wine. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Place the layers of noodles in the preheated and greased pan. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles. Place a layer of noodles again over the cheese mixture and top it up with, half of the seafood mixture. Repeat the layers in the same way. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Bake it for about 45 minutes, until it gets bubbly. Allow it to rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.
With Mushroom, Shrimp and Fish
- Shrimp, (frozen, peeled and deveined) 1 package
- Fish Fillets, (frozen) 1 package
- Dry Lasagna Noodles, 6 package
- Dry White Wine or Water, 1½ cup
- Large Egg, (beaten) 1
- Fresh Mushrooms, (sliced) 1 cup
- Ricotta Cheese or Cream-style Cottage Cheese, (drained) 2 cups
- Green Onions, (sliced) 2
- Parmesan Cheese, (freshly grated) ½ cup
- Mozzarella Cheese, (sliced) 1 package
- All-purpose Flour, 3 tbsp.
- Fresh Basil, (chopped) 4 tsp.
- Margarine or Butter, 3 tbsp.
- Milk, 1⅓ cups
- Ground White Pepper, ¼ tsp.
- Sour Cream, ½ cup
- Salt to taste
Rinse frozen shrimp and fish. Bring wine or water to boiling in a large skillet. Add frozen fish to it and cook for about 4 minutes. Add frozen shrimp and cook for 2-4 minutes more, until it turns pink and fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard the cooking liquid. Cut it into bite-size pieces. Chop shrimp coarsely. Keep it aside.
Meanwhile cook pasta as per directions on the pack. Drain and rinse with cold water, and drain again. Now let's make the sauce. Combine together ricotta or cottage cheese, egg, basil, and half of the Parmesan cheese, in a small mixing bowl. Set the filling aside. To prepare a sauce, cook green onions and mushrooms in butter, using a medium saucepan. Cook until they become tender. Add flour, pepper, and salt. Stir well and add milk. Stir continuously and cook until it becomes bubbly and thick. Remove it from heat. Then add about 1 cup of hot mixture into the sour cream. Return all the sour cream mixture to the saucepan. Then add shrimp and fish into the sauce.
Place half of the cooked noodles in a baking dish. Then spread half of the filling on top of it. Place a layer of sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers using the same method. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake it at 375° F for about 30-35 minutes. Let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
With Crab Meat and Shrimp Salad
- Fresh Crab Meat, 1 lb.
- Cooked Salad Shrimp, 1 lb.
- Lasagna Noodles, 1 package
- All-purpose Flour, 3 tbsp.
- Butter, 3 tsp.
- Milk, 3 cups
- Mozzarella Cheese, (shredded) 5 cups
- Parmesan Cheese, (grated) 1 cup
In a large pot, cook lasagna noodles in boiling salted water. Drain well. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Melt margarine or butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Then add flour to it and stir, until the flour becomes slightly brown. Add milk with a continuous stirring and cook well, until the sauce becomes thick. Add Parmesan cheese to the sauce and stir it well. In a baking pan, spread a thin layer of white sauce, then a layer of cooked lasagna noodles. Then place ¼ of crab meat, ¼ of shrimp and 1 cup mozzarella cheese over the layer of noodles. Repeat it three times and make four such layers. Cover the final layer with sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake it for about 45 minutes, until the top is brown.
These dishes can be a good substitute for pasta with red meat. Any form of fish is good for health, as it has less amount of fat content and is definitely more nutritious than beef or pork.