The values have been calculated based on a serving size of a fillet, that might come up to 101 g. Also, the values in percentage are based on a 2000 calorie diet. This will be followed by the count of the calories in sea bass.
|Total Fat||3 g (4%)|
|Cholesterol||54 mg (18%)|
|Sodium||88 mg (4%)|
|Protein||24 g (48%)|
|Vitamin A||215 IU (4%)|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)||0.1 mg (9%)|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.2 mg (9%)|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||1.9 mg (10%)|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)||0.5 mg (23%)|
|Vitamin B9 (Folate)||6.1 mcg (2%)|
|Vitamin B12||0.3 mcg (5%)|
|Pantothenic Acid||0.9 mg (9%)|
|Calcium||13.1 mg (1%)|
|Iron||0.4 mg (2%)|
|Magnesium||53.5 mg (13%)|
|Phosphorous||250 mg (25%)|
|Potassium||331 mg (9%)|
|Zinc||0.5 mg (4%)|
|Copper||0.0 mg (1%)|
|Manganese||0.0 mg (1%)|
|Selenium||47.3 mcg (68%)|
|Total Omega-3 fatty acids||867 mg|
|Total Omega-6 fatty acids||31.3 mg|
For the same serving size, that is for 101 g, the sea bass calorie count comes up to 125. Note that the calories in sea bass may tend to change according to the kind of recipe of and the ingredients added in cooking the fish.
- Eating this fish helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular disorders. Due to the abundant quantity of omega-3 essential fatty acids, the fish improves the function of the heart, arteries, and veins, and other parts that make up the cardiovascular system of the body. These essential fatty acids help in lowering the 'bad' LDL cholesterol, and increasing the 'good' HDL cholesterol levels in the body. It is amazing to know that including merely two servings of fish in the diet per week, can reduce instances of death from heart diseases, by 1/3.
- It also helps in lowering blood pressure. People with regular intake of this fish in their diet, show significant reduction in blood pressure levels.
- Macular degeneration is known to be one of the leading causes of blindness in the world. Merely two servings of this fish and other kinds of fish for that matter, can cause a 50% reduction in the risks of developing this disorder. Apart from this, fish and fish oil have always been popular for improving vision in children and adults.
- Sea bass fish oil causes a reduction in the accumulation of fat in the body, thus, making way for an effective weight loss. This is true for other kinds of fish as well.
- Another omega-3 fish oil benefit is that it offers protection against cancer of the colon, breast, and prostate.
- Other health benefits include improving brain function, dealing with symptoms of inflammation, helping in slowing down aging symptoms, and also helping in uplifting mood, thereby acting as a natural antidepressant.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only and does not in any way attempt to replace the advice offered by an expert on the subject.