Given below is the nutritional information (according to the USDA website) for one quail egg that weighs about 9 grams, where:
- g = grams
- mg = milligrams
- mcg = micrograms
- IU = International Units (used primarily as a measure of vitamin A)
|Vitamin A||48.9 IU|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B12 (Riboflavin)||0.1 mcg|
For you to obtain all the necessary nutrition from quail eggs, experts suggest consuming 3-5 of these in a day. Children, on the other hand, may consume about 2 quail eggs in a day.
As has been mentioned earlier, there is a lot that quail eggs have to offer in terms of health benefits to those who consume them regularly. Some of these benefits have been enlisted here.
- Quail eggs are known to be great brain power foods. This means if consumed regularly, they could help improve memory and concentration.
- Quail eggs have the good or HDL cholesterol that helps keep the heart healthy.
- These eggs have a large number of antioxidants, known to fight disease-causing free radicals. This means your immune system is strengthened, and your risk of developing conditions such as cancer may be lower.
- A healthy immune system also means increased energy levels to face every day as it comes.
- Quail eggs, when consumed regularly, also enhance the libido function thereby improving sexual health.
- The vitamins in quail eggs help improve the quality of skin and that of hair too. In fact, these nutrients can help cure skin conditions such as eczema, and can help fight allergies too.
- These wonderful eggs are also known to help cure gastric ulcers and maintain digestive health.
- Lastly, these eggs are very low on calories so you can safely enjoy them without worrying about putting on weight. In fact, they may be perfect alternatives to regular eggs (if you are worried about putting on weight from eating them everyday).
As delicious as they are and as healthy as they may be, quail eggs are not very easily available. You may find them in farmer's markets or in Asian specialty food stores. You may also be able to order quail eggs online, but their freshness cannot be guaranteed so you will have to be careful while doing so. If you do happen to find quail eggs, whip up some delicacies as you would with chicken eggs, and enjoy all the benefits and the flavors they have to offer!
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only. Always consult a certified nutritionist before adding any food to your diet, and to understand the benefits it will have on your body type and function.