- Hailed to be typical information technology professionals, a programmer analyst deals with software development for clients.
- Outsourcing software development has become a very popular trend in developed countries. The programmer analyst collects and researches data about the software performance, and then works to improve its efficiency.
- He has to be a very good team player when it comes to facilitating training at an individual and team level or in cases of explaining projects to clients.
- More than being a computer geek, he must have the ability to handle tasks like a project manager that demands some skills of management.
- He is also entitled to lead the team in such a way that all targets and objectives are met within the stipulated time.
- He has to design and suggest innovative changes in application systems.
- He has to perform various tasks associated with application programming.
- He has to develop efficiency in the design and maintenance of database resources besides managing various tasks related to database management.
- He has to perform full range of works related to application analysis, design, and programming functions.
- He has to work towards understanding and modifying operating interrelationships between business applications and operating systems.
- He has to develop reports for suggesting designs for meeting network system requirements and selecting alternative measures to develop better security technologies.
- He has to develop, understand, and improve operational and installation procedures for a wide range of requirements, like communication systems, hardware, network, security, and software storage.
Three years bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is the primary requirement for being a programmer analyst. Besides that, an in depth knowledge of various programming languages like Oracle, SQL, MySQL, .NET, Java, etc., are mandatory to get decent jobs. Besides educational requirements, candidates must have very good communication skills, must be team players and have multitasking abilities. A sense of integration and honesty when working on proprietary software are essential traits that must be an integral part of programmer analyst's personality.
- It depends on the work experience, job location, and level of educational qualification.
- They can earn anywhere between USD 50,000 to USD 90,000 depending on the type of employer they are working with.
- Big software companies having a global presence generally pay the highest.
- Since the software industry has been the biggest tool for global interaction of businesses and human resources in the last decades, a career in this field is full of growth opportunities.