The number of calories that are given in the table are just for your guidance. Calories in homemade porridge may vary according to the ingredients and procedure.
|Porridge Type||Serving Size||Kcal|
|Quaker Oats Porridge, breakfast cereal||30g||110|
|Tesco Oats Porridge, breakfast cereal||50g||182|
|Asda Oats Porridge, breakfast cereal||50g||192|
|Whole Earth Organic Porridge, oats||100g||351|
|Crussh Summer Porridge||100g||150|
|Alpro Soya Light, no sugar, fortified with vitamins||100g||21|
|Milk, fluid, 2% fat, with vitamin A||240g||120|
Here are some important nutrition facts of oats porridge (40g).
- Proteins - 3.9g - 8%
- Dietary Fiber - 2.5g - 10%
- Total Carbohydrates - 21.7g - 7%
- Total Fat - 3g - 5%
- Saturated Fat - 0g - 0%
- Sodium - 0mg - 0%
- Calories from fat - 22 - 18%
- Calories from carbohydrates - 57.9%
- Calories from proteins - 10.4%
- As porridge is a good source of proteins, it promotes muscle growth.
- Being rich in fiber, it helps improve the health of the digestive system.
- Wholesome porridge is a satiating healthy food which has less cholesterol. It does not lead to any heart diseases.
- It keeps you satiated for a longer period and helps lower your food intake. It is a low-calorie food which keeps you full over an extended period.
- It is included in weight gain diets as well as weight loss diets. Body requires more energy to digest proteins, thus proteins take away extra calories. Of course, you need to control your daily calorie intake in any case.
- By adding different grains, milk and honey to the porridge, you can enjoy the health benefits of these ingredients. For instance, oatmeal is helpful for cholesterol regulation, weight loss, controlled glucose and insulin levels. It prevents heart diseases and reduces the risk of cancers. It enhances athletic performance, stimulates the function of the nervous system, prevents celiac disease, and acts as an anti-depressant.
These days, ready-made versions of porridge are available in markets. Oat or oatmeal, corn, dried peas, dried corn, potato, barley, wheat, rice, buckwheat, quinoa, millet, sorghum, rye, bananas, snail porridge are enjoyed by people all over the world. Both kids and the elderly love porridge. It might be your favorite food, but you cannot ignore the calories in porridge. If you are leading a sedentary lifestyle, you should watch your daily calorie intake, to maintain your weight.
Now that you have got an idea about porridge calories and health benefits, I hope you would incorporate warm porridge in your breakfast. Start your day with a hot bowl of porridge, it can keep you energized throughout the day. I wish you a very healthy and active life!