These cubes come in different shapes and colors that are purposely molded to make them look attractive. You can also make them at home with the help of microbeads packed in an aluminum foil. You do not need an ice maker for this purpose.
- First gather a cluster of microbeads, a wooden block, and an aluminum foil. Preheat the microwave oven to 375° F.
- The wooden block should be of the size of ice cubes or it can vary. Wrap the box with the aluminum foil in such a way that one end is left open.
- When you cover the wooden cube, the foil acquires the shape of the block. Now remove the block from the foil and let the foil retain its shape.
- Stuff the foil mold with sufficient microbeads and then place it over a cookie sheet.
- Insert the sheet inside a microwave and bake it for 20 minutes.
- The beads will be melt and condense inside the aluminum mold.
- Take the baking sheet out from the oven and allow the beads to cool.
- When the beads have cooled completely, unwrap the foil from over it. Refrigerate it for a long-lasting chilling effect.
Plastic ice can be served on plastic ice cube trays as well. They come in different patterns having pockets for placing the ice. You can arrange such trays on a table for decorating food courts arranged with tempting cuisines, beverages, and desserts. The plastic trays also come in use while serving with drinks. You can arrange the trays with multicolor ice and allow your guests to pick their favorite one.
The price of trays, as well as plastic ice, is not at all expensive. When you buy them online, you will be exposed to a large range of shapes, designs, and colors available at cheap rates. They are safe to use, and do not pose any health hazard. If you want the chill to last long then freeze plastic ice cubes in silicon trays or stainless steel trays instead of plastic trays.