It's not easy to meet or see someone and strike a meaningful conversation instantly. Both men and women use a variety of tried and tested pickup lines to appear interesting in the eyes of a stranger, hoping to turn that into a date or something.
Well, no matter where you meet this person and what your plans are, we thought to give you a head start in the correct direction.
Lines that Do Work on People
Before you even think about approaching someone at a party, bar, gym, school, or wherever, take a moment to revise your line in your head. Does it sound offensive? Or rude? Will it make you look like an idiot trying to impress someone by using weird lines? It's important to keep these things in mind because you never know what kind of pickup lines will work on someone.
I'd like to flirt with you, but I think I should stick to seducing you with my awkwardness.
Life without you will be like a broken pencil... pointless.
I'd like to get the directions to your heart.
You must be a tower. Because Eiffel for you.
You have beautiful eyes. I have beautiful eyes. Just imagine, our kids will have beautiful eyes.
If you could marry anyone on Game of Thrones, who would it be?
Do you have a designated driver to get you home? If you'd like, I could drive you and make sure you get home safe.
Sorry, but you owe me a drink. [Why?] Because I dropped mine when I looked at you.
Excuse me ... didn't we take a class together? I believe we had chemistry.
You shouldn't wear makeup. It messes with your perfection.
If I were a cat I'd spend all 9 lives with you.
There is not a single word in the dictionary for how beautiful you are.
Hershey's makes millions of kisses a day. All I'm asking for is one from you.
The only your eyes haven't told me is your name.
What would you like to have for breakfast tomorrow morning?
I love you like a pig loves not being bacon.
On a scale of 1 to 10, you're a solid 9. I'm the 1 that's missing.
You're single. I'm single. Coincidence? I think not.
I had to come talk to you because I don't want to regret not having the best life I could ever have.
I know you already have a drink in your hand, but after that, would you like to have one with me?
What Not to Say to a Woman/Man
There are still some cheesy and weird lines that men and women are using thinking they'll work; 10 examples given below. But alas, certain lines do not work under any circumstances whatsoever. So please, avoid using these lines at all times.
- How you doin'? (ala Joey style)
- Hi, I am _______. I figured we are going to know each other eventually, so why not now?
- Wow! You should have security! 'Coz you are more special than relativity!!
- Mind if I get drunk with you?
- I am sorry. But, you are so beautiful that I have totally forgotten my standard pick up line!
- Do you have a mirror in your pocket? Because I can see myself in your pants!
- That's a nice dress. But you know what, it would look much better on the floor next to my bed!
- Are you hurt? Because it looks like you just fell from heaven!
- Hi! Can I ask you a question? Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I pass by you again?
- Should we play a game of truth or dare, or should we just skip to the naughty part?
Women, and men as well, are not a piece of object that strangers get a free pass at making lewd comments or remarks about them. Be respectful and genuine in your approach, and you wouldn't even have to use 'pickup' lines on anyone.