Army Physical Training
The training that the army cadets have to undertake is by no means easy. There are specialized exercises and tests that the cadets have to pass and score on. For this they have to be very, very strong and be able to endure all the pressure and the physical demands of the training in preparation of defending their country. What are some of the physical exercises that an army cadet has to go through? Here are some of those fitness and strength training exercises that are mentioned below.
Cardiovascular exercises are the key to getting a physically fit body that is ready for combat. All forms of cardio workouts are taken up to make a cadet physically strong. These involve exercises that focus on both the upper and the lower body. Some of these exercises would include:
- Bench press
- Bear crawl
- Rope climbing
- Back squats
- Front squats
- Straddle hop
- Mountain climbing
- Running and jogging
Calisthenics are exercises that involve using ones own body weight for resistance and building body strength and flexibility. These exercises are usually not strenuous and involve using simple and rhythmic movements, with very little exercise equipment. They use activities like swinging, jumping, kicking, and twisting and bending among others. These exercise types are used by the army for training their platoons in order to make them more flexible and build strength in them. The most common exercises that are used in calisthenics are:
- Calf Raises
- Jumping jacks
These exercises are done under expert supervision as part of army training, and they follow a rigorous and measured pattern, increasing the resistance and difficulty to prepare a soldier for combat.
Fun Physical Training
So who says that exercises have to all be a form of torture and near-death experiences? There is a fun way to make them work for you. Here are some of the exercises forms that you can try out for yourself:
- Aerobic Exercises ~ Doing some great moves as part of aerobics exercises and pumping to some fast, catchy beats is a perfect way to get into perfect physical shape.
- Dancing ~ Simply putting on some high-paced music and dancing to that beat, just in front of a mirror, and doing whatever you want without anyone there to judge you.
- Walking ~ Brisk walking is really the best, most convenient, cheap, and effective way to build some physical strength.
- Swimming ~ It physically places high demands on you, but what a fun way to do it!
- Sports ~ What do you like? Tennis, baseball, hockey, badminton or volleyball. They are all excellent ways to get physically fit.
- Skating ~ Skating does not only look like a lot of fun, but is a lot of fun as well. And an excellent way to keep physically fit!
- Cycling ~ No one needs to teach you this one. You just opt to go cycling to work rather than taking a vehicle. Then see the amount of exercise you'll get for yourself. Not to mention that you'll be doing the environment a favor.