The First Windows VirusIn 1992, WinVer 1.4 became the first virus to target Microsoft Windows OS.
You get the point? Well, considering all the above points, one name that stands out and is a highly-acclaimed in the software security industry is Norton. And that's why we, at Buzzle, have come up with a comparison of Norton 360 vs. Norton Internet Security―the two high-end feature-rich computer security software packages from Norton.
• Norton Internet Security and Norton 360 have a very high-definition update frequency of less than 15 minutes.
• They also support silent mode (for uninterrupted gaming and movie-watching experience), cloud management, and scanning of Facebook feed.
• Both can also keep hackers away from your system while protecting it from viruses, trojans, and other forms of malware.
• Parents will find them as a useful tool for keeping a track their kids' online activity.
• Another common feature is Smart Startup Manager that enables spam filtering and reduces your computer's startup time.
Norton 360 is much more than being a normal computer security software. Not only does it carry out PC tuneup tasks, but it can also take a backup of your important content on 2 GB cloud storage, or to iPods, DVDs and Blu-Ray discs. It also maintains a monthly log of the detected malicious software, file backups, and tuneup tasks.
Many of you might not be doing this housekeeping (you should do it), and the rest of you might be doing it manually, or using some other software.
Who should buy Norton 360?
• People who don't want to use too many software for malware protection and PC maintenance.
Buy Norton Internet Security if:
• You are happy using some other software for PC backup and maintenance.
• You can do these housekeeping tasks manually, and don't want to spend the extra money for getting an all-in-one package.
|Pulse updates within every 5-15 mins||✓||✓|
for uninterrupted entertainment
|Manage your Norton on the cloud||✓||✓|
|Detects and removes
trojans and spyware
|Protection from hackers
and Internet worms
|Faster PC startup
with Smart Startup Manager
|Detailed monthly report||✗||✓|
|Backup & Recovery|
|Backup to iPod, Blu-Ray disc, and HD-DVD||✗||✓|
|Online storage (2 GB)||✗||✓|
|Tracks kids' online activity||✗||✓|
|Free tech support
over phone, email, and chat
If you are power user and can handle the basic PC tuneup tasks very well, then I wouldn't recommend you to shell out extra money for buying Norton 360. On the contrary, if you want to automate everything and don't want to be bothered about PC maintenance, then you should go for Norton 360.