No Carb Diet Foods List
The first principle to be kept in mind is that, food which contains white flour and sugar are to be totally excluded from your diet. It is important to note, that no carb diet food list contains high fat diet, which means you will eat enough fat to satisfy your hunger, whenever you are hungry.
- Meat: All types of meat including white or red meat is allowed. However, liver should not be eaten. In case you are going to consume canned meat, you will have to read label for carbohydrate info.
- Seafood: All types of fish can be consumed, when you are following the no carb diet menu. Shellfish can also eaten, but oysters do contain some carbs, therefore, you will have to keep away from them.
- Eggs: They can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner or any snack. The best way to consume them is to boil them.
- Cheese: Yes you are reading it right, you can certainly include cheese in the diet. However, there is a restriction of 4 oz per day on consumption of cheese. Including different types of cheese will ensure, you are not bored with eating cheese.
- Fat: Since this is a fat rich diet, butter, mayonnaise, cream, margarine, etc. can be included in the diet, however, make sure the consumption is limited.
- Vegetables: Low starch vegetables can be included in the diet. The vegetables that can be included are: artichoke hearts, asparagus, aubergine, avocado, green beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, cucumber, kale, leeks, okra, pumpkin, spring onions, scallions, spinach, summer squash, turnips, tomatoes, water chestnuts, etc. Green leafy vegetables are the safest bet. However, it is recommended you stay away from starchy vegetables like potatoes, peas, corn, etc.
- Nuts: Some nuts like pecans, almonds, walnuts, ground nut, etc. can also be included in the diet.
Carb-free Diet Plan
You will have put yourself into a habit of designing no carb breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, with the help of no carbs foods list. Some of the dressings, which you can add to your meal includes,
- Olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of yogurt dressing
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of heavy cream or one ounce of sour cream
- 10 to 15 olives
- Half of a small avocado
- Olive oil dressing
Along with this diet plan, you will also need an exercise plan in place, to achieve desired results. However, make sure you do not starve yourself, in your bid to lose weight. When you get bored with eating the no carb diet menu, you can use different options so that you get some change in routine. Before you start with this diet, you should know the no carb diet side effects. It is recommended, you talk to your health care professional, before you change to this diet regime. Also consult your dietitian to ensure, you are not missing out on any essential nutrients in your diet.