The second category of Mexican folk dance forms, is 'mestizo', which showcases the western influences on the indigenous dance, in either the steps or the theme.
The 'bailes regionales' or the regional dances, are a manifestation of the dance form by each community. This is usually presented in community and theatrical performances.
A few basic steps or pasos, as they are commonly known, include the
• Golpe (the basic foot stomp on the ground)
• Remate (series of foot stomps)
• Sequencia (steps are combined with the music)
• Sencillos (single foot stomp)
• Dobles (double foot stomps)
• Paso de tres zapateado (series of three consecutive foot stomps)
• Sequidos (continuous steps)