School Library Bulletin Board Ideas
- Winter Magic: To start with, you can make a list of all the major festivals that fall in this season like Kwanzaa and Christmas. Use the background of the board as a canvas and camouflage it with all the colors associated with these festivals like red, white, blue and silver. Make the students aware of the interesting traditions of these festivals. Also put up some unique winter facts, regarding the migration of birds and animals that can only survive in winter. You can introduce Sherlock Holmes or any mystery books that will suit the chilly and frosty atmosphere! For preschoolers, you could paste pictures of snow-clad mountains and penguins surrounding them. You can also ask the kids to stick their photographs if they had visited any winter location.
- Spring Up the Mood: Welcome the season of colors with an equally colorful gusto! Let your bulletin board set the mood for a cheerful time that the season promises. Collect pictures of the effects this season has in various regions, and arrange them in a beautiful collage. You can ask elementary students to cut out kites and various three-dimensional flowers and put them up on the bulletin board. You could provide a list of informative books based on the flora and fauna. You can ask them to paste the highlights of books they read on the kites they had made. For preschoolers, you could show a hill full of flowers and various animals carrying a book to establish the implied relation between the season and the library.
- Fall-ing is Fun: You can design the bulletin board by taking the literal meaning as well as the figurative one to indicate fall. You could show books falling from trees, just like the leaves. Back-to-school can also be the theme for fall. You can make the board realistic by involving kids to color real dry leaves and sticking them all over it.
Public Library Bulletin Board Ideas
People often visit libraries in quest of expanding their knowledge on a subject, for research work, or simply for their love for reading. It is generally observed that most people cannot or do not interact with each other and leave the place once their work is done. However, you can bring in the twist by letting them exchange their views and opinions about their experience at the library.
- Invite Suggestions: Different groups of people are interested in reading different genres of books to which they can relate, like fiction novels, biographies, management books, romantic or comic novels, etc. You could invite suggestions from people to read books on various topics by shooting questions and asking people to write the names of books that caught their interest in that particular genre. This will they visit the library often, to discover a plethora of options for their subject of interest. You could have different bulletin boards dedicated to one particular genre of books near shelves where each type is racked. People may also write about books that they wish the library should acquire to keep the library updated with as many books as possible.
- Let Them Express Opinions: You could display a newspaper near the bulletin board and have people write their views on certain stories and news. These views could be a strong reaction to an important development in the city or nation or the world, their affection for some celebrity whose interview has appeared on that day, or some sarcasm. The bulletin board can in a way let them vent out their opinions or read different views on the same topic, which may give them a 360 degree view on the topic discussed. People could also write short book reviews of the bestsellers on display.
- Give Feedback and Display Notices: If visitors have made any suggestions for including certain books in the library collection, inform them through feedback posted on the board, if you have done so. If you conduct events like a book launch by renowned authors, display that info on the board with the author's or the book's picture, which will give people the pleasure to meet their favorite writer. You could have members of your library avail movie tickets for the ones that are based on books and novels. This can be displayed on the bulletin board as an announcement for first-come-first-serve basis.