Krill Oil Benefits
Before we start off with discussing on krill oil supplement dosage recommendation, let us have a quick view over its benefits. The oil is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, that play a vital role in body functions and metabolism. The supplements will be a combination of antioxidants, phospholipids and omega-3. These supplements are in the purest forms, and carry minimum risks and side effects. Studies have proved krill oil more beneficial than fish oil. The benefits include controlling blood sugar, lowering cholesterol levels, and it also helps women deal with PMS. It is beneficial for the skin and heart too, and it helps build immunity.
The benefits of krill oil have made it most popular among the nutritional supplements. Most people will start consuming krill oil capsules and medicines without studying the appropriate amount required daily. Though the facts of it being in the purest form pose less risks of over dosage, it is wise to know and follow the recommended intake, so that you benefit the most from this supplement. Doctors will advise a dosage depending on different factors, mainly like age, gender, any medical complications, diseases, allergy, etc. Factors like health, weight and height are also considered. Depending on the person's metabolic rate, after a few weeks of dosage, one can chalk down the required dosage for his / her body. So following a recommended dosage in the beginning is most advisable. The FDA however has not given any guidelines for a recommended dosage, but it has a recommended dosage for omega-3 fatty acids like DHA and EPA. The daily intake of these fatty acids should not be more than 2 grams (2000mg) per day.
- A typical krill oil dosage recommendation is 1 - 3 grams per day. However, it completely depends on the body type and rate of metabolism.
- For people with smaller framed bodies, it is advisable to take 2 grams of krill oil supplements. One must start with this dosage amount, and can then lower it to 1.5 to 1 gram per day.
- For people with a medium and average body type, starting off with 1.5 grams per day is advisable, which can then be lowered to 1 grams after a few weeks. A daily dosage for a healthy person is 2000 mg or 2 grams.
- People with large body frames, should consider a daily dosage of 1 - 1.5 grams of krill oil, and later lower it to 1 gram per day after a month as maintainable dose.
- Krill oil dosage for children can only be recommended by a doctor. Most of the health experts will advise 1 gram of krill dosage for children up to 10 years old. However, for children below 10 years, you must strictly consult your pediatrician. Some health experts will also suggest to use supplements that are specially made for kids.
- For people with health complications like arthritis and joint issues, a recommendation can be given by a health expert only depending on the specific case.
It is important to understand how much krill oil dose is safe, in order to reap maximum nutritional benefits from it. Take proper advice before you make any changes or start taking krill oil capsules and medicines. Stay healthy, stay wise... !