According to experts, one should warm and stretch their body before doing this activity, which needs you to jump at a fixed position. While you jump, spread your legs wide and touch the hands above your head. Return to the same position with your feet brought close together and the arms placed at the sides. A great advice here is that you should not clap while touching the hands over your head. The reason is that it will strain your shoulders over a period of time. In case you find it difficult to touch both the palms, do not push yourself to do it. Rather, bring the hands only halfway up. When you are comfortable and confident of touching both the hands over head without getting any sort of injury, you can proceed with doing it.
- While doing this activity, you should stand up straight, keep the abdomen firm, and avoid twisting of the body and its parts as far as possible.
- Maintain an appropriate body form, as it is very important for obtaining all the possible benefits of this regime.
- If you wish to perform with greater intensity, then, bend down and touch the floor in between each jump.
- You can also bend to touch the toes in between the jumps. This will help you increase the flexibility of your body.
- Following this routine for about 5-6 minutes is sufficient to begin with. Gradually, increase the time length as you feel comfortable.
- It makes your body work rigorously, there is an increase in the rate of heartbeats, and thus, circulation of blood in your body. Therefore, you can consider this as a form of cardiovascular exercise.
- Your body loosens, and gets prepared for more intensive exercises.
- When you do it on a regular basis, it increases your balance and stability, strengthens the cardiovascular system, enhances stamina and endurance, improves jumping ability and coordination, and boosts the immune system of your body.
Disclaimer: This Buzzle article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.