Vinegar For Your Skin
Vinegar is excellent for your skin at so many different levels, you won't believe it. Vinegar is used by many people as a part of their beauty regime and with great results to boast of. Vinegar is commonly used as a relief from acne problems, itchy and flaky skin and to rid the dryness of the skin. It is also very crucial in restoring the natural acidity of the skin. Here are some uses of vinegar for the skin.
- It helps make the skin very smooth and is often used as an aftershave by men.
- For curing acne, mix vinegar with wheat flour and honey, turn it into a paste and apply over the acne. Keep overnight and wash off in the morning.
- It works as an excellent astringent, toner and cleanser. Mix apple cider vinegar with water and use this for a tightening effect and to close the open pores; or mix vinegar with cold water to splash on your face - works really well for oily skin.
- Chapped skin can be relieved by soaking it in a combination of vinegar and skin cream.
- It is used to help prevent and reduce age spots. This is done by mixing vinegar in equal portions with onion juice and dabbing it on the affected spots over a period of time.
Not only is vinegar good for you in the way of skincare but is also an excellent choice to make when it comes to maintaining healthy hair, and to carry forth effective hair care. Here is how it helps.
- Suffering from dandruff? Mix 3:1 ratio of warm water to vinegar and rinse your hair with this. It acts as an exfoliator and cleanses the scalp.
- This combination also helps to thoroughly cleanse your hair of any buildup by way of shampoos or products and restore its natural pH balance.
- Vinegar is also helpful in treating several scalp conditions like Candida because it has medicinal and antibacterial properties.
- Use vinegar to get limp and damaged hair back to life. Mix 1 tsp apple cider vinegar with 2 tbs olive oil and 3 egg whites. Beat this into a paste and apply on scalp and over the entire length of the hair. Cover with a cloth or shower cap for 30 minutes and then shampoo as usual.
- Many people use apple cider vinegar mixed with herbs (lavender, neem, rosemary) and warm water as a final rinse after their bath. This leaves the hair healthy and shiny.
Vinegar is used rather frequently in the kitchen, but it is not only due to its flavors that this is done. Vinegar lends a lot of use for a person's health as well. Here's how.
- Vinegar has antibacterial properties and is often used to kill the bacteria that is present in meat.
- Vinegar is used as a system cleanser as well, because it kills the harmful bacteria that is present in your body (make sure that you consume a small quantity)
- It is used to treat a sore throat and is quite effective in doing the same. Mix apple cider vinegar with salt and hot water and gargle 3-4 times a day for relief. You can also mix apple cider vinegar and honey (¼ cup each) and take a tablespoon every 4 hours.
- Relieve the sinus or chest congestion that you're suffering from by mixing white vinegar and hot water and using this mixture to take a steam.
- Vinegar is also used to get relief from a bee sting or a jelly fish sting.
- Vinegar helps to sooth an upset stomach. Simply mix 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water and consume.
- It helps in combating ear infections as well. Dip a cotton swab in undiluted pure vinegar and rub it gently over the affected area.
- Treat corns, warts and other fungal infections with vinegar. Directly dab onto skin or mix with glycerin in the case of corns.
- Vinegar also helps in lowering the blood sugar levels as well as keeping the insulin levels in the body under check. Consume 2 tbs of vinegar mixed with half a cup of water after meals.
- Get rid of body odor by dabbing vinegar in the required areas.
- Sipping small amounts of diluted vinegar before meals helps in weight loss.
Many people are now realizing the benefits that vinegar can render and are making deliberate efforts to include it in their day-to-day lives. So when will you start out on this multipurpose ingredient for a better health yourself?