One of the most popularly-used of the herbal teas is ginger tea produced from ginger (Zingiber officinale). Right from the ancient times, it has been one of the most effective medicinal herbs in traditional medicine, as it has extraordinary healing powers. Along with being used as a culinary hit, it is also used in making tea because of the various healthy benefits.
- It is very effective in relieving nausea, and it combats motion sickness, which are two very common medical conditions seen in individuals.
- It is also very helpful in digestive purposes and relieves flatulence, reducing muscle aches in the stomach or anywhere else in the body.
- It also reduces dizziness and is a home remedy for common cold, respiratory disorders, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic pain, etc.
- It is one of the most effective solution for women's health problems.
With so many health benefits that are mentioned in the paragraphs above, you must have found out that this concoction is herbal and is safe for women. Its benefits during pregnancy include:
- It is almost instantly effective in relieving nausea, vomiting, and morning sickness, which is a very common symptom seen in pregnant women that continues for the first 3 months. Thus, medical research has proved that drinking a small amount whenever you are nauseated could help you feel better and not harm the baby at all.
- It also increases the blood flow throughout the body and makes circulation naturally healthy. In this way, the blood is provided to all the parts of a pregnant woman's body including internal organs. Thus, the baby is supplied with enough blood with nutrients for its initial development.
- During this period, the immune system of the mother is weakened, but needs to be strong so that infections don't reach the baby. This concoction is very useful in strengthening this immune system of the mother, because of its healing properties.
- It treats common colds, headaches, persistent coughs, and other minor ailments in the body. Since there are about 12 antioxidants that are present in ginger, the tea works as a great anti-inflammatory agent and neutralizes free radicals.
- All women suffer from muscular spasms and cramps during ovulation or menstruation. These cramps can get unbearable at times, and consuming this product at this time is known to be effective in healing. Other pains related to the uterus are also relieved.
Disclaimer: This Buzzle article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.