~ C.G. Jung
The first step when you enter a relationship with someone is that you get to know that person better. Before going into details about relationships and compatibility, let us have a quick overview of INFJs and their nature.
I - Introversion
INFJs are introverts and quiet. They are more of thoughtful people and think thoroughly while making decisions. They tend to have lesser number of relationships, but strong ones.
N - iNtuition
INFJs are highly intuitive people when it comes to thinking abstractly. This quality allows them to see through a person and build an entire structure, which others might struggle to decipher. That does not mean that they can read minds.
F - Feeling
Here, feeling does not mean emotional. Although, INFJs are emotional. Feeling here means that INFJs use their intuition and feelings to guide them through important decisions rather than just going by the facts.
J - Judging
This function shows that INFJs are contemplative. They are thoughtful and like to think deeply even though they might go by their emotions in the end.
- Warm and engaging
- Deep feelers and live for others
- Loyal and trustworthy
- Always desiring to improve relationships
- Great listeners and communicators
- Seek perfect, long-lasting, and serious relationships.
- Take time to open up to people
- Do not like conflicts in relationships
- Tend to be overly emotional and sensitive sometimes
- Can be stubborn
- May expect too much in a relationship
- Cannot leave bad relationships easily
- INFJs look for long-lasting and serious relationships. They like relationships with depth and meaning rather than casual encounters or short-lived relationships with people. They take their time to find that one person whom they can truly connect with, but when they find that someone, their relationships go up to a level of warmth and sincerity, which most of us can only dream of.
- They are perfectionists and picky when it comes to relationships, which is why they constantly work towards making their relationship a perfect one. This can sometimes backfire too and become frustrating for their partners. Their partners start feeling that they are getting demanding. However, that may be appreciated by some partners because it shows a sincere commitment and care in the relationship.
- They make a wonderful spouse and parent if they find a right partner.
- INFJs are warm, caring, and friendly. They are visionaries, and can see past facades. It is highly probable that you cannot fool them.
- They are good at understanding others' thoughts and emotions. Because of their serene nature, they can be a pleasant surprise to their partners again and again.
- They are not afraid to show their love for their partners, love them unconditionally. However, they tend to feel the need to be left alone at times; not because they don't like, but because they need to charge themselves up. After all, everyone wants to see their partners enthusiastic always.
- INFJs see intimacy as nearly spiritual experience. They feel the need to bond with that person emotionally and spiritually. This does not mean that they want to drift away. It might be their least-effective way of showing their feelings. They do not believe in casual encounters, and find it useless and waste of energy. If you are in a relationship with an INFJ, make sure you don't take this lightly as your partner might be connecting with you on an emotional or spiritual level.
- ENFP (Extrovert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Perceiving)
- ENTP (Extrovert, iNtuitive, Thinking, Perceiving)
- INTJ (Introverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging)
- INFJ (Introverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging)
When it comes to the least compatible matches, the personalities with strong extroversion with sensing, perceiving, and thinking will not work out well for INFJs. The least compatible of personality types would be:
- ESFP (Extrovert, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving)
- ESTP (Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving)
- ESTJ (Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, Judging)
- ENTJ (Extrovert, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging)
Note: Relationships need time and dedication to be figured out. This analysis will work only if you both are willing and determined to stick around and grow in the relationship.