Imitation Crab Salad
- Imitation Crab, (cut in small chunks) ½ lb.
- Medium-sized Onions, (diced) 3
- Cucumber, (cut in small pieces) 1
- Fresh Ground Pepper, ½ tsp.
- Cream, 3½ tbsp.
- Seashell Pasta, 1 small cup
- Ripe Olives, (diced) ½ cup
- Mayonnaise, 1½ cups
- Frozen Peas, ¾ cup
- Celery, (finely chopped) 1 cup
- Sugar, 1 tbsp.
- Salt, as per taste
In a medium-sized bowl, whip the cream, mayonnaise, sugar, and pepper together. Thaw the frozen peas for about 10 minutes or till they become soft. Mix all the ingredients in a separate bowl till they combine well. You can also serve this salad after chilling it in the refrigerator. Before serving the salad, garnish it with tomato wedges and the remaining chopped celery.
Imitation Crab Quiche
- Imitation Crab, 8 oz.
- Swiss Cheese, (shredded) 1 cup
- A dash of hot sauce
- Prepared Mustard, 1 tsp.
- Eggs, (beaten) 3
- Gruyere Cheese, (grated) ½ cup
- 9" Pie Crust
In a medium-sized bowl, mix all the ingredients with the minced imitation crab. Pour this mixture into the pie crust and bake it in a preheated oven at 300° F for about 30 minutes. To check if the pie is cooked, insert a knife or a knitting needle. If there is no residue on the knife or knitting needle, then your dish is ready, or else cook it for 15 minutes more. Allow the quiche to cool for about 10 minutes and serve it with a salad of your choice.
Imitation Crab Dip Recipe
- Frozen Imitation Crab, (defrosted and peeled) 1 package
- Cream Cheese, 1 cup
- Louisiana Hot Sauce, 2 tbsp.
- Mayonnaise, ¼ cup
- Lemon Juice, 1 small cup
Melt the cheese in a double boiler and stir in the lemon juice, mayonnaise, and crab. Blend them together. Now add Louisiana hot sauce according to your taste and mix well. If you want to add a tangy taste to your dip, use sweet and sour sauce instead of Louisiana sauce. You can serve this dip with crackers or bread rolls.
Imitation Crab Ceviche
- Imitation Crab Meat, 2 lb.
- Avocados, (finely chopped) 2
- Roma Tomatoes, (diced) 2
- Medium-sized White Onions, (chopped) 2
- Serrano Chile Peppers, (seeded and cubed) 2
- Cilantro, ¼ cup
- Freshly Ground Pepper, 1 tsp.
- Lime, 8
- Garlic Salt, 1 tsp.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix the imitation crab, peppers, cilantro, tomato, onions and lemon juice, with garlic salt and pepper. Combine the ingredients properly and then add the avocados. Keep the bowl in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Garnish this mixture with remaining cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
These recipes when prepared with seasonings, mayonnaise, and herbs taste delicious. Though they have less protein and potassium than the real crab, people find it equally flavorsome.