- Reaction Time: Instant
- Storage: Should be stored in a dry place
- Disposal: Incineration, landfill or land farming
- Toxicity: Environmentally safe and non-toxic
- Absorption: One lb. of hydro weed can absorb about one gallon of hydrocarbon.
Hydro Weed is a non-abrasive, non-toxic organic sphagnum peat moss that is harvested from the bogs of Newfoundland. It is basically a lightweight, natural hydrocarbon absorbent that possesses more efficient absorbency power and is much more cost-effective compared to other products.
Hydro weed absorbs hydrocarbons on land, water as well as on hard surfaces by encapsulating them on contact. This product also reduces up to 90% of combustible vapors upon application. It is good for people who live near a body of water, boat owners and anyone else who uses chemicals. Useful on wet as well as dry surfaces, it selectively picks up a chemical spill on a wet roadway leaving the water behind. This material can also be used as a packing material in boxes that contain shipments of chemical products or any other product that may leak and create moisture.
A porous structure, its capillary action and a 5% moisture level helps hydro weed absorb hydrocarbons quickly. What it does is that it encapsulates hydrocarbons on contact, taking in the hydrocarbon instead of allowing it to attach itself to the outer surface of the product.
- Hydro Weed is non-toxic and biodegradable.
- It does not generate electrostatic charges.
- It is light in weight, thus making it easier to store and use.
- This product does not release captured hydrocarbons into the environment.
- It reduces hours required for a cleanup.
- It absorbs PCB's as well as oil-based paint.
- This product saves valuable landfill as less product is required which ultimately means less volume hauled and disposed.
- It is easy to apply as well as clean up. This product does not leave a messy residue behind.
- It is cost-effective as it is biodegradable and has a high absorption capacity.
Basically there are three proven methods to dispose off hydro weed. All three have been listed below.
This method reduces the volume of contaminated absorbent being disposed off in the landfill. This proves useful as land filled with hydro weed will not allow encapsulated hydrocarbons to escape into the environment. Since it's a natural organic absorbent containing no chemicals and other additives, it offers great value to companies that have an environmental-friendly agenda.
Hydro Weed can be incinerated. This product is capable of contributing 7,200 BTU's per pound during the process, thus producing an excellent alternative fuel. It generates only 0.42% of ash residual per pound after incineration.
This process of disposal, helps save valuable landfill. It can be used to reclaim unsalvageable soils. In the presence of Hydro Weed, hydrocarbons will biodegrade 25% faster thus becoming nutrients for the soil. Of course do remember that once it has encapsulated the hydrocarbon it will not release it into the environment.
A Few Liquids Absorbed by Hydro Weed are:
- Amyl Acetate
- Canola Oil
- Carbon Tetrachloride
- Corn Oil
- Cutting Oils
- 1, 2 - Dichloroethane
- Diesel Fuels
- Ethyl Ether
- Ethylene Glycol
- Jet Fuels
- Methylene Chloride
- Methyl. Ethyl Retone
- Motor Oils
- 2 - Nitroaniline
- Oil Base Paint
- Oil Base Ink
- Paraffin Oil
- Scintillation Liquid
- Vinyl Chloride