Quick TipDo consider the diet restrictions of the bride-to-be while planning the menu, it is likely that she may be very conscious about her weight with the wedding date fast approaching.
A bridal shower is a party where the bride-to-be is given substantial gifts that she may require to set up her new home. It is also an opportunity for friends and family of the bride-to-be to spend some quality time with her. Since a bridal shower involves near and dear ones, it warrants thorough and meticulous planning to make it truly memorable.
Although a bridal shower is generally hosted about three to six weeks before the wedding, it is not a thumb rule. Today, showers are planned according to the convenience of the bride-to-be. Also, in today's fast-paced life, an elaborate and leisurely lunch may not always be possible. Hence, bridal shower brunches are also very popular.
To help you out with the task of planning this bridal shower brunch, we've provided you with some important tips and a printable checklist, which you can alter to suit your needs. So, let's take a look at the things you need to put together to host an unforgettable bridal shower for the bride-to-be.
4 Months Before
- Pick a date
- Decide a budget
- Talk to the bride and note down her requests
- Make a tentative guest list
- Decide a venue and book it
- Decide a theme
2 Months Before
- Send out the invites
- Depending on the theme, pick the decorations
- Get all the bridesmaids together and decide the menu
- Talk to the caterers and finalize the menu
- Have a food tasting session with the bride
- Ensure that the food and the theme concur
- Ask the bride to register for gifts with a store
1 Month Before
- Check with people who haven't replied to your invites
- Give the caterers a final headcount
- Shop for decorations or rent them out
- Plan the party games, and arrange for the things they may require
- Create a music playlist
- Shop for the bride's party dress
2 Weeks Before
- Buy your shower gift for the bride
- Decide your outfit for the brunch party
- Buy spirits if you are serving any
- Ensure that all the non-perishable food items are bought in time
- Buy the favors, label them, and sign the thank you notes
1 Week Before
- Confirm the reservations at the location
- Order the flowers required for decorations
- Finish shopping for groceries and other items
3 Days Before
- Start decorating
- Assemble the favors to be given to the guests
- Decide the table layouts
- Make the preliminary preparations for the games and activities
1 Day Before
- Lay the tables
- Check whether everything is in its place
Important Tips to Remember While Planning a Bridal Shower Brunch
The first task in planning any party involves sending out invites. Nothing can begin without these little envelopes that initiate all the fun. So, create your guest list, finalize it with the bride, pick the invitation design, word them with ingenuity, and send them with a RSVP. The last part is extremely crucial, as it will help you know a near exact headcount for the party.
The next thing you need to decide is the venue. Some bridal showers are held at home, in the backyard, or at hotels and restaurants. Depending on your budget, the number of people attending your shower, and your convenience pick a place. In case, you choose a restaurant or a banquet hall, book it at least 3-5 months in advance. This way, you will be able to negotiate a better rate too.
A theme for your bridal shower brunch will set the mood and help you decide various aspects about the shower. For instance, a theme will decide the decorations, the gifts, the dresses to be worn, the food to be ordered, and so on. So, pick a theme as soon as you decide the venue, since putting these details together can take some effort and planning.
The type and style of decorations will entirely depend on the theme of the party. If you plan to cut down on costs, you can make your own decorations. But some decorations may have to be hired too. So, figure out what can be made and what needs to be hired well in advance to avoid last-minute chaos.
The food is generally what guests remember most about any party. It not only has to taste good, but look good too. The way you present the food is going to make your party seem elegant. Finger foods, salads, exquisite desserts, and scrumptious main courses will make for ideal bridal shower brunch food.
Bridal Shower Games
Bridal shower games will liven up the mood of the party. Once all the guests have arrived, let the games begin. Conduct the games before and after the meal. This way your guests will have time to rest and also something to look forward to.
Opening the gifts at a bridal shower is an important ritual. The bride has to open all the gifts that she receives in front of the guests. So, pick a place that is convenient for the bride-to-be and the guests. This is a nice time to interact with everyone, and show them your appreciation.
Thank You Notes and Favors
Last but not the least, you need to plan for thank you notes. It is important to show your guests your heartfelt gratitude for attending the event. So, decide on favors beforehand and give away signed thank you notes with them.
So, these were some of the important things that you need to consider while planning a bridal shower brunch. The whole essence of planning a shower is to make the bride-to-be feel loved and treasured by those around her, as she prepares to embark on a new journey of life.