Making Temporary Tattoos
In order to make temporary tattoos, as with permanent tattoos, the first thing that you need to do is to decide on the design that you want. Other decisions that you will need to take include determining what size you want the tattoo to be and the colors that you want for the same. You will have to make all these decisions depending on where you want the tattoo to be placed. Once you have made these basic decisions, you are on your way to create a temporary tattoo that looks real. In order to create a stencil for your tattoo, you will need a publishing program on your computer, a color printer, and temporary tattoo paper. The tattoo paper is easily available at stationery shops. If you cannot find the same, you can place an order online. Once you have all the necessary materials, just follow the simple steps given here.
- Firstly choose the design that you want and open it on the publishing program. You can also scan an image that you have sketched and use it as a design for your tattoo.
- Now fix the dimensions of the image according to the size that you have decided on for your tattoo.
- The next step is to print out the design on what is known as temporary tattoo paper or water slide paper. This form of paper comes with adhesive paper. Print the design on the tattoo paper and allow the ink to dry completely. Once the image is dry, place the side that has the ink on it on the adhesive paper. Now cut the paper as closely to the design as possible.
- Now comes the part of applying the tattoo to your skin. Shave the area where you want to place the tattoo. This is important as any hair on the body part will only make the tattoo seem fake and it will interfere with the process of tattoo application. Ensure that you shave the area properly and dry it completely.
- Now place the paper on your skin. Ensure that the image is facing downwards. Place a wet cloth on the backside of the paper. Now hold the cloth in place so that the temporary tattoo paper slides off easily while leaving the image behind. Once you are sure that the paper is completely wet, start pulling it away from the skin.
- It is also important that you allow the area to dry completely. After it is dry, you can choose to apply translucent powder on the image to take off the shine that makes it seem fake. Do not use powder that has any glitter in it as that may mess up the tattoo.