Making a Depth Charge
The basic method of preparing this drink is given below.
Classic Depth Charge
- Collins glass
- Chopping board
- Chilled beer - 150ml
- Vodka - 50ml
- Orange - 1
- Sugar - 2 teaspoons
- Cut the orange into 4 equal pieces with the help of the knife.
- Then, wipe the rim of the Collins glass with the wedges of the orange.
- Spread the sugar onto a plate and tip the glass upside down in the sugar, such that it gets tucked into it.
- As the rim of the glass has orange juice on it, the sugar will stick to the rim and will get coated all around it.
- Now, pour the chilled beer into the Collins glass. Fill the glass ⅔rd.
- Take a shot glass and pour the vodka in it until it is filled completely.
- Now, dip the vodka shot into the Collins glass.
- The depth charge is ready to drink. Sip it cool.
You can bring about a change in the flavor of the drink by adding shots of your favorite whiskey or vodka brands. Sipping it with different brands of tequila is another way. You can even add some lemonade or orange drink to it for a refreshing taste. Given below are some variations.
- For the shot, you can mix vodka, Pernod, Malibu rum, and Tia maria, and then pour the mixture into one pint beer glass.
- The drink McNazi is prepared with a shot of Rumple Minze in a pint of Harp Lager.
- The depth charge can be prepared with a Peppermint Schnapps shot in a mug of chilled beer.
- A cocktail with Guinness beer and Irish whiskey (Jamesons) is the other form of this drink, popularly known as Irish car bomb.
- A shot of whiskey in the Korean beer Poktanju is also a good option.
- This drink makes a great combination with Canadian beer (Labatt Blue) and a shot of maple syrup.
- You can also prepare it with chilled beer and shots of pineapple juice mixed with lemonade.
- A shot of Scottish Drambuie in one draft pint of Guinness beer is another powerful variation.