Maintaining a Photocopier
All of us know what the photocopier is. It is a ubiquitous machine that is present in every office that allows us to make copies of documents in less time and with minimal expenditure. In order to ensure that the machine functions properly and does not give you untimely trouble, it is important that you invest your time in proper maintenance. Proper cleaning of a photocopier and regular replacement of toner is something that is extremely important for the machine to work well. If you are cleaning the photocopier then you need to keep a few tips in mind. These are listed out below.
- Before you actually start cleaning the copier machine, always remember to unplug it from the power socket. This is important to ensure safety at all times.
- Always use material specified by the manufacturer to clean the machine. If you need to clean the glass scanner, then it is advisable that you use an anti-static cleaner liquid, which is used specifically for photocopiers.
- Wipe the surface of the scanner with a clean cloth and then dampen it with the cleaner liquid and clean the surface again. Try to clean the surface every time you use the copier as even the tiniest particle of dust can affect the quality of the copy.
- Replacing the toner regularly is also extremely important. Most copiers will indicate when this needs to be done. To replace the toner, you need to open the cover of the process unit, remove the toner container, and replace it with the new toner container. Remember to shake it well before placing it in the process unit. Now replace the unit in the machine and close the covers properly.
- You also need to clean the toner area regularly using a toner vacuum meant for the photocopy machine. Cleaning it regularly ensures that the quality of printing is maintained and that the ink flow is unhindered.
- The drum is the part of the photocopier to which both the toner and the paper is attached. In order to clean the drum, you will need to use a Mylar bar which is a plastic or rubber blade. Using the Mylar bar helps in removing any excess toner that is stuck to the photocopier drum.
- Another part of the copy machine that needs regular cleaning is the fuser. In order to clean the fuser, you will need to use silicon oil applied to a soft cloth. Wipe the fuser so that it is completely clean and then dry it using a different piece of cloth.