Tips to Lose 20 Pounds in a Month
- Reduce Calorie Intake: Eat every time a bit less than what is required. If you are going to eat 1 apple, eat only half of it or if you wish to drink 1 glass of fruit juice, drink only half. This will help reduce your appetite gradually.
- Plan in Advance: You should plan your meals well in advance. If the ingredients you need to prepare your low-calorie meal are always at your disposal, then you don't have to eat unwanted food.
- More but Smaller Meals: Eat 5-6 smaller meals per day, instead of eating only once or twice. This leads to higher metabolism meaning more weight loss and fat loss. You wouldn't feel hungry when you eat 5-6 times, after equal intervals. In this way, you would eat less and would not gain weight.
- Plenty of Water: Drink lots of water which helps in enhancing the metabolism of the body. This will keep you fresh and fit. Drinking ice-cold water makes your body burn the calories which are required to heat the cold water to bring it to the normal body temperature. Water works as a good appetite suppressant.
- Increased Rate of Metabolism: Incorporate foods that help increase the rate of metabolism. For example, you may eat ½ cup apricots every day after meals, as they speed up metabolism and help in reducing weight or you may eat papayas which have papain that increases the rate of metabolism and helps in burning fats fast.
- Fiber Rich Diet: Dietary fiber helps clean out toxins and enhances the rate of metabolism. To ingest lots of fiber, you need to eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables.
- More Proteins: Whey or soy protein, and proteins from chicken, tuna and nuts should be present in your meals. These help in increasing the metabolism.
- Regular Exercise: Exercise in the morning as well as in the evening, at least for 20 minutes respectively. Brisk walking or casual walking can be an hour-long. You cannot skip exercises if you want to lose weight fast.
- Suitable Exercises: Bench presses, standing biceps curl, push ups, squats and cardiovascular exercises can be performed daily under the guidance of a trainer. Type and severity of exercise may vary from person to person, depending upon his age, health and excess weight.
- Muscle Building Exercises: Muscle building needs lots of calories. So muscle-building exercises are good; as more calories will be burnt in the process. Again, this will depend upon age, sex, and overall health of the person.
- Increased Intensity: Increase the intensity of your workouts gradually. Opt for a totally different and new workout weekly so as to help you lose weight fast.
- No White Carbs: Avoid white carbohydrates like rice, potatoes and bread.
- No Fried Items: Do not eat fried things though they are tempting! Instead, you can enjoy baked vegetables, baked or roasted potatoes, baked lean meat. Believe me, they taste really good.
- Only Homemade Food: Try to eat homemade food as you would be sure about the calorie intake. Keep a list of super foods for weight loss ready and handy. You should strictly avoid fast food.
- Potassium Rich Foods: Eat bananas as they are high in potassium that helps burn fats.
- Lower Cholesterol: Incorporate low cholesterol foods in your diet. At the same time, include those foods which help lower cholesterol. For example, eat lots of artichokes which contains cynarin that can lower your cholesterol level drastically.
- No Sodas: Avoid drinks like diet sodas as they are artificially sweetened and contain 5 calories per serving. Drink plain water.
- Low Fat Foods: You should always include low-fat food products while preparing your meals. These days, low-fat versions of dairy products and all other products are easily available in the market.
- Small Plates and Bowls: Avoid using jumbo dinner plates, extra-large glasses and giant size bowls! They might tempt you to help yourself to more food.
- Change Slowly: You should not make drastic changes in your diet or should not change the diet suddenly. Dietary alterations should always be done gradually.
- Reduced Stress: Reduced stress level will help you in achieving your goal faster. With the help of yoga, pranayama and deep breathing exercises, you can reduce the stress level.
There are many types of diet plans like liquid diets, cabbage soup diet, lemonade diet, out of which you are expected to choose the one which is suitable for you. There are fat burning supplements available in the market. But instead of relying on such artificial measures which may lead to some side effects, it is better to lose weight fast naturally. Whether you should follow a '1200-calorie diet plan' or a '1000-calorie diet menu', depends upon your weight, eating habits, overall health and several other factors. Here is a sample diet plan for all those who are confused about how to shed 20 pounds in just one month.
- Low Calorie Sugar-free Breakfast: Enjoy a breakfast with unsweetened tea/coffee/ cereal with non fat milk, ½ orange, ½ apple of medium size.
- Oil-free Fiber Rich Lunch: Your lunch will be cream of mushroom soup and 1 scrambled egg prepared without oil but with cottage cheese, chive, black beans, half orange and half apple.
- Light Dinner: Have 1 bowl of cucumber salad with vinegar dressing, chicken chow, 1 bowl of non fat yogurt, ½ cup tomato juice or unsweetened coffee as your dinner.
- Healthy Snacks: Eat apples, apricots, red grapes, raw vegetables like carrots in small amounts as snacks; whenever you feel hungry.
- Appetite Suppressant: Drink plenty of water.
Since you are worried about how to get rid of 20 pounds in one month, I would suggest, that you should read about losing 20 pounds in 2 weeks! Then you will accept that losing 20 pounds in one month is not much difficult. Now that you know more, it's time you think positively about losing those unwanted pounds in a month and implement it successfully!
This article is for informative purposes only and does not in any way attempt to replace the advice offered by an expert on the subject. You should consult your physician before adopting any diet plan to lose weight fast. He/she can check and confirm that you don't have any diseases or ailments. There are various answers for the question how to lose twenty pounds in just one month, but you should take necessary precautions while choosing the best for you.