Fixing iPhone White Screen
So, your iPhone is screwed and you've tried all permutations and combinations imaginable to get it straight but it just stays the way it is - screwed! Well, browse through the below list of options and decide upon the best way to fix that screen of death.
- Try Jailbreak and then restore your gadget;
- Try to do a DFU restore;
- If the white screen is due to BSOD or software issues, a few button maneuvers, DFU mode and restore can do the trick.
- However, if you dropped it and the issue is due to hardware damage (usually due to connection becoming loose), you might need to dismantle your iPhone, if not under warranty. If under warranty, take it to an Apple service center to get it fixed.
- If your warranty has expired, then you need to dismantle your iPhone and find the stickers labeled 1 to 6. Label # 1 is the LCD connector cable. If sticker 1 is not visible, then it is probably stuck to the screen and you need to pull it off the screen. Re-attach cable # 1 to where it should have stayed.
- Software or BSOD issues can be resolved by pressing and holding down the power button on top and the Sleep/Wake button in front at the same time. Keep holding them down for 10-15 seconds and let the iPhone restart. On restarting, the Apple logo should appear with a black background. If it does, bingo! If it doesn't, you had better take it to an authorized service center or get it replaced if you're covered by the Apple warranty.
- If you're getting gray lines on your screen, then probably the LCD is broken.
- Using firmware might help in certain cases
- Also, unplugging and re-plugging cables #2 and #3, besides #1, might work and get your display back.