● Put your hands together in front of you and make a grip and stretch.
● Repeat the above step by placing your hands behind your back.
● Rotate your shoulders, backward and forward.
● Make a fist and rotate both wrists.
● Now, stretch your calves and hamstrings by pointing your feet up and then, down.
● Rotate your ankles in clockwise and anti-clockwise directions.
● Keep your feet apart, in alignment with your shoulders.
● Place your hands parallel to the floor.
● Take a deep breath and suck your stomach in.
● Rise on your heels while you breathe.
● Bend your knees slowly as you squat towards the chair behind you.
● Just before you are almost about to sit on the chair, stop.
● Hold for 10 seconds and feel the contraction in your hamstrings.
● Now, exhale as you go back to the standing position.
● Do 2 sets of 12 reps.
● Keep your back straight as you slowly take a deep breath.
● Let your shoulders relax and bend a little forward.
● Contract your abdomen muscles as you exhale completely.
● Do this is in swift movements, increasing the intensity.
● Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
● Drag your toes a few feet away from your desk, such that you can lean on the edge of the desk, without falling flat on the floor.
● You should be in a slant position with your chin directly in alignment with the edge of the desk, when your elbows are bent.
● Straighten your elbows as you come up and inhale.
● Slowly exhale, as you lean towards the desk again. Repeat.
● Don't bend your knees. Keep your back straight.
● Do 3 sets of 12 reps.
● Keep munching on low-fat snacks like nuts and fruits, every two hours.
● Have a light lunch or break it up into 3 small meals.
● Fetch water from the water cooler.
● Chat up with a co-worker on the next floor.
● Walk up to colleagues instead of sending mails and memos.
● Take the stairs, not the lift!
● Take a 10 minute walk post lunch and an evening snack.
● You can even try out some yoga postures at your desk.
● Remember, do not exercise for up to 30 minutes after a meal.