Half updos are not just a modern trend. These have been around here for ages since the medieval period. These can be seen in the beautiful and artistic paintings, which showcased beautiful women with stylish ones and cascading curls falling all over their shoulders.
These updos are popular with many because, it is a versatile hairstyle. These seem to be sophisticated, yet not totally formal in their appeal. It can be styled meticulously and can be done in a simple way. Besides, different types of hair accessories can also enhance the look of such half updos. Here's a list of different styles that you can try out.
- Messy Updo - This is the most stylish updo. In order to get this messy look, you need not comb your hair. This hairstyle can go with a simple tee or a skirt.
- The Messy Ponytail - In this, the hair is tied in a messy ponytail with a loose band.
- Half-up/Half-down Updo - In this, half of the hair is pulled up with the tresses or the ringlets falling on the shoulders.
- Ballerina Bun Hairstyle - This is one of the elegant updos. Ballerina style is best suited on a gown.
- The Messy Bun Updo - In this, the hair is tied in a bun with the loose locks falling on the shoulders.
Click on the images for a better view.
These beautiful and adorable hairstyles are not really difficult to create. With a little creativity, you can look your stylish best. Let's find out how to create such updos.
- Shampoo your hair and then condition it well.
- After washing, use a towel to dry them gently and apply some gel to the hair.
- Follow it up by properly blow drying it.
- Then, you must ensure that you untangle all the strands to get manageable hair.
- A hair spray can be used at this point so that your hair stays better.
- Once you have used the hair spray, use a curling iron and select small sections of your hair so that these can be curled and styled accordingly.
- Once you finish curling, begin with pinning the small sections of the hair. Then, use a hairpin to fix the same.
- Select the end of the strands and roll them into a curl. Fix this with another hairpin. Next, select another strand of hair and fix it the same way next to the first curl.
- Use this procedure with all the strands of the hair and create curls on the top area of the head. The main highlight of this hairstyle is to be as creative as possible.
- The lower portion of your hair can be left loose. Use hair accessories to accentuate the curls.
- Use the curling iron to curl the lower strands of the hair. Arrange it well to create a stylish look.