Have an Iron Rich Diet
One of the major reason for hair loss is deficiency of iron in your diet. For strong and healthy hair, it is essential that you add iron to your diet. Green leafy vegetables, beans, red meat and tofu are all rich in iron. They also contain biotin and zinc, which are essential minerals that help in promoting hair growth.
Opt for Hair Massage
Hair massages are not only relaxing and rejuvenating, but they can help in stimulating hair growth. Regular massage with oil will boost blood circulation and helps to nourish and strengthen hair follicles and shaft. You can choose from olive oil, jojoba oil or coconut oil for such massage. Essential oils like rosemary, lavender and sage can be mixed with your regular hair oil and used for massage. For best results, warm the oil before massaging, and try to massage your scalp before going to bed. Shampoo your hair the next morning.
There are many herbs which can be helpful in stimulating hair growth. These include chamomile, catnip and burdock. Catnip and burdock promotes hair growth and are generally found as an ingredient in shampoos and conditioners specially formulated for treating hair fall. If your hair loss is because of stress, then try chamomile herb. It is a good stress reliever which also improves hair growth.
Follow a Diet Rich in Vitamins
Vitamins A, E and B-complex are essential for healthy hair. Vitamin A is necessary for sebum production. Sebum deficiency can lead to hair loss as hair becomes brittle and dry. Vitamin E plays a vital role in repairing damaged hair follicles. Vitamin B-complex is responsible for the overall health and strength of hair. All these vitamins are found in fruits and green-leafy vegetables. So you should include them in your diet for strengthening your hair.
What are the Causes of Hair Loss
- A diet which is lacking in proteins, vitamins and essential minerals can result in loss of hair.
- Side effects of some medications that are prescribed for treating certain diseases like arthritis, gout, depression and hypertension can also cause hair loss.
- People who are anemic or who suffer from thyroid problems can also suffer from thinning hair.
- Hair treatments such as bleaching, dyeing, perming and permanent straightening can damage hair which will in turn lead to hair thinning and hair loss.
- Fungal infection of the scalp can lead to hair loss.
- Hair loss is associated with some diseases such as diabetes and lupus.
- Patients undergoing medical treatments like chemotherapy or radiation therapy generally suffer from hair loss.
- Hormonal changes are one of the common causes of hair loss in women. This occurs during pregnancy, menopause and after childbirth.
- Excessive use of styling products and over styling hair can also contribute to hair fall.
- Some hairstyles that involves tying hair tightly, like ponytails, braids and buns can cause traction and lead to hair fall.