Selecting an Eyeliner
Girls, there is no need to restrict yourself to the common black and brown shades. There are countless options for women who wish to try something different. If you thought that gold, silver, bold blue or a green eye pencil or eyeliner are just for models or celebrities, it's time to think again. You can also look like a glamorous diva, you just need to master the art of applying eyeliner correctly. If you are going to a discotheque, nightclub or an evening party, and you wish to highlight your eyes, all you need to do is use the right combination of an eyeliner and an eyeshadow. While a subtle natural eye makeup look might be right for business meetings, you will need something more dramatic for cocktail parties. This is where you need to start your search for colored eyeliners. If you are thinking of buying a different shade, make sure that you buy one that works well for your complexion and eye color. You can buy a liquid eyeliner, eye pencil or a kohl eyeliner. If you have hazel or green eyes, then a green-colored eyeliner will surely make your eyes pop. It will accentuate the green color of eyes, but you need to consider the shape of your eyes as well. If your eyes are small, make sure that you don't apply the eyeliner on the lower lash line. Avon, MAC, Urban Decay, Shiseido, Chanel and various other brands are offering beautiful shades in green. You can head out to beauty stores to see their collections. Forest green, khaki green, lime green and a variety of shades can be used to accentuate your eyes.
How to Apply a Green Eyeliner
You might get a nice shade of green, but if you don't apply it well, your efforts to spice up your look might go down the drain. If you wish to avoid a fashion disaster, make sure that you learn how to apply eyeliner. Here are some eyeliner tricks and tips for you.
- If you have never applied an eyeliner before, it would be better to start with a green eye pencil.
- First of all, wash your face and wipe it dry. Apply an eye primer on your eyelids and then apply an eyeshadow base.
- Hold the eye pencil in your dominant hand. Stretch your eye with your other hand and draw a line of the desired thickness from the inner corner to the outer corner of the upper eyelid.
- You can also apply the eyeliner to the lower eyelid in a similar fashion, just make sure that you apply the eyeliner as close as possible to the lash line.
- You can also use an eyeshadow smudge brush to create the sizzling smokey-eye look.
- If you have a steady hand, you could also apply a liquid eyeliner. There are many liquid eyeliner styles that can make you look gorgeous.
- While applying the eyeliner to top lid, make sure that the brush is not dripping with the liquid. Wipe off the liquid at the tip of the bottle before you apply a line from the inner to the outer corner.
- While applying the liner, look into the mirror with your head tilted back and eyes half open.
- Don't open your eyes till the liner has dried off completely. If you open your eyes while it's wet, the liquid will stick on the crease of your eyelid.
- Apply an eyeshadow and mascara to complete your look!