Knowing your Girlfriend on a Personal Level
- If you have met recently and although your heart is thumping wildly saying, 'This is the one!', take a step back and get to know her better.
- To maintain interest in the conversation, you can ask her some good and simple questions pertaining to her hobbies and the kind of interests she has.
- 'What kind of music do you listen to?' or 'What's your favorite pastime' would serve as the initial icebreakers. These kinds of simple questions would help you to know her likes and dislikes. This would help you both to spend time more effectively.
- If you are hoping for many more interesting dates with her, there are some more things you should know about her. Ask about her most favorite restaurant or her favorite food items. This would surely give you a good clue about the kind of date you need to plan for the coming weekend.
- Does she like flowers and chocolates? Or is she the outdoorsy kind? Ask her these questions indirectly, and you will surely be surprised at the closeness you develop with her as time passes.
- Is she a dance freak or is she an environmental activist? These are certain angles you would need to work upon to know her on a personal level and understand her values and principles in life.
- In case you are really close to your girlfriend and would like to discuss more serious relationship issues, you can ask her about her future plans. Her plans for her future would give you an idea where she would like to settle down or her preferred destination.
- This would help you to ascertain whether you do share similar future goals as a couple. Avoid asking about her past life or relationships unless she willingly tells you all the details. These topics are delicate issues, and you surely don't want to burn the bridges with something related to her past.