Vehicle insurance is the hottest thing out there and everybody is trying to lay their hands on the best deal with the best company. Let me give you some simple tips, which you should keep in mind while getting your car insured.
Finding Low-Budget Car Insurance
- Always check with more than one establishment for difference in premium rates and coverage.
- Try to consult a non-exclusive agent so that he can give you a deal that is best for you and not the company.
- If you are buying a used vehicle, try to avoid taking a collision coverage, specifically for a vehicle that has been on road for more than 4 years.
- If you are taking other add-ons like towing, medical, rental coverage, get them on another policy since that would help you to keep things sorted and will also help in availing a multiple insurance discount benefit.
- Always check whether you are liable for discount. Discount can be offered in different cases: for instance, if you have an anti-theft system in your vehicle, you are a student with commendable grades, you are an AAA member, you don't drink or smoke, it gives you an edge over others.
- Check if the company gives you a discount for buying more than one policy.
- You can also increase your deductible to lower your down the cost of policy. Doubling the deductible decreases the policy amount by approximately 10%.
- If you drive less you can avail a low-mileage discount.
- Low-profile car are less likely targets of theft and vandalism and hence have lower premiums than high-profile cars such as SUVs.