Symptoms of Menstrual Cycle
Here are some menstrual periods symptoms that a woman faces before and during her periods. This is a premenstrual syndrome that a majority of women endure. Referred to as PMS, it is an amalgamation of emotional and physiological disturbances that women go through every month.
- Excessive gas and flatulence
- Constant urge to vomit
- Increase in the frequency of bowel movements
- Change in the consistency of the stool
- Tenderness of the breasts
- Dry Eyes
- Lower backache
- Overactive sweat glands
Causes of Gas during Menstrual Cycle
Menstruation surrounds troubles such as diarrhea and constipation. When constipation strikes, there are high probabilities that gas and flatulence serve to be an accompaniment. The phenomena of bloating is also one that is closely associated with developing troubles related to the digestive system. However, do you know how and why these troubles are created every month and why you need to bear with them? Hormonal imbalance is the answer to the above mentioned question. These symptoms are triggered by the hormonal disturbances that occur in the woman's body every month. Excessive levels of prostaglandins cause the pain that women experience when they suffer from uterine cramps and muscle contractions of the stomach. The high levels of prostaglandis is the ultimate culprit to have caused troubles such as diarrhea, flatulence and other digestive disorders. The cramps and contractions that are caused by the hormone inconsistency are the most painful and continue throughout the tenure that the cycle lasts for. For some women the flatulence and cramp may extend 4 days prior to the beginning of periods, till the first or the second day of the cycle. For some, the troubles begin when the menstrual cycle has begun and continue up till three days of the menstrual cycle. This depends on the hormone levels that are found in women, which deviate from each other. Women who have flatulence troubles are also found to have difficulties in digestion, thus escalating the trouble to constipation and bloating.
What Can Be Done to Beat Flatulence and Bloating
- Drink enough water to flush off the toxins and to facilitate bowel movements. Make it a point to have two glasses of lukewarm water with lemon juice. This will help you in clearing your bowels completely and the question of constipation will not arise. Boosting your water intake can work extremely well for you and your system.
- You must include vegetables and fruits in your diet. Fruits such as oranges and watermelons are also very important to supplement your diet. The digestive system gets adequately pumped when you have fruits that are rich in water content.
- Fiber prevents constipation, resulting in smooth and easy digestion. Also eat fruits such as strawberries and greens to supplement your intake of fiber.
- Don't consume colicky foods such as beans, cauliflower and cabbage. They are high on creating gas in your body. It is best to cut down on gassy foods when you know your periods are approaching.
- If dairy products are hard to digest, you must give it a miss for the days to come, as dairy products have fats that can be difficult to digest, thus causing flatulence.
- Stop overeating. Well, if you are in the habit of stuffing yourself with meals, it is important that you check your habit and make amends. Overeating may cause diarrhea, causing extreme discomfort in the stomach.
- Continuing from the point I just mentioned; keep your mouth closed while you consume your victuals. We, more often than not, do not understand the importance of chewing each morsel well to facilitate effective digestion. Conversations during meal time or gulping down morsels in a jiffy, may lead to swallowing air which may lead to bloating and inadvertently gas.
- Exercise well. Exercising, even if it is a ten-minute walk, can aid in controlling gas and acidity. Exercise can also release stress.