Does your child spend most of his time playing video games, watching TV or surfing the Internet? Does he/she eat a lot of junk food? Is your kid obese and doesn't socialize much? Are you worried about the well-being of your kid? If your answer is yes to all these questions then here are some fun exercises for your kids to practice.
Plan out fun exercises that suits your child's routine. He/She should love and enjoy the exercise and the physical activity. Exercises for kids should be bouncy and fun. Exercises chosen by you should suit your child's mood. Don't pressurize your kids for something. Always try to have a group activity, so it becomes more fun for the children.
Exercises for Kids at Home
If your kid is too shy to go out and exercise in the open; there is no need to worry. Below are some exercises that can be done at home.
- Warm up is important for kids who are inactive. Kids should have a sweaty warm up before they are ready for some physical activity. Warm up should consist of light activity such as walking, running and jogging.
- Put on his/her favorite songs and give your kid a skipping rope. As long as their favorite songs are playing ask them to skip. Skipping is a total body workout.
- Do a yoga session with kids and explain them the benefits of doing it. To keep it interesting call the different poses of yoga with cool names such as dragon, smart cat, fish and dog.
- Buy your kid a Wii Fit. It's a revolutionary exercising game designed and developed by Nintendo. The kids will have so much fun playing, that they won't realize they are exercising. It contains various games such as yoga, skiing, tennis and soccer.
- Design a fitness challenge for your kid. Offer him/her rewards for accomplishing certain goals like 40 jumps, 100 skips or 20 push ups. Keep a record of their progress; shower them with compliments and rewards. This encourages them to perform better than the previous time.
- If you have a treadmill, time your kids and see how much can they run in 3 minutes? On their favorite cartoon or sitcom and ask them to run while the show is airing. They wouldn't even realize that they were exercising while watching their favorite show.
"All work and no play makes jack a dull boy." This saying just reminds you of today's children. Although there is not much work, rather than playing outside kids prefer staying at home. Not having much physical activity can cause a lot of medical problems such as obesity and cardiovascular complications. Here are some outdoor fun exercises.
- Begin with a warm up such as brisk walking, light jogging or skipping.
- Kids love racing. Set a goal for the race and run with him/her. Your kid will definitely love competing against you. You can organize a race with his friends and offer rewards for those who win the race.
- Take your kids swimming or enroll them in a swimming team. Swimming is one of the best exercises to lose weight. They will make new friends in the team and also participate in swimming events.
- Take them for a family walk or join them for a bike ride around the neighborhood. Both the exercises are excellent options to shed off those extra pounds.
- Enroll them in a dance academy. Dancing gives them a total body workout and also enhances the creativity of your child.