The content in this article explains the Weight Watchers program in detail. The details of the current program are exclusively available to the paid members of Weight Watchers.
Weight Watchers recipes are low in carbs and rich in proteins, thereby forming the ideal menu precisely for those wanting to cut down pounds. Such recipes mainly include soups, salads, gravies and roasts, prepared with minimum oil. You can easily prepare them at home and treat yourself in a healthy way.
Since you are preparing the dishes at home, you can avoid buying those prepackaged fad foods sold at exorbitant prices. The recipes also come with points, through which you can further estimate the calories consumed. The points are given according to the quantity of serving and calories coming from the ingredients. Let's take a look at the healthy recipes.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Salads are low in calories and form a good menu for Weight Watchers diet. You have only 2 points per serving. You also get to eat plenty of vegetables and fruits this way. The recipe is explained below.
- Cherry tomatoes, 2 cups
- Finely chopped red onion, 1
- Cauliflower florets, 1 cup
- Broccoli florets, ¼ cup
- Fat free mayonnaise, 7 tsps
- Equal® sweetener, 25 packets
- Fat free sour cream, 2 tsps
- Salt, 1 pinch
- Pepper, 1 pinch
- Arrange the ingredients on a plate. Mix broccoli florets, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower florets and red onions together.
- Spread a little mayonnaise from top along with sour cream.
- Sprinkle the sweetener, salt and pepper for taste.
A dip of spinach has very low calorie content and 2 points are generated per serving. You can have the dip along with the appetizers and improvise the taste by adding lemon juice, chestnuts, etc. Have a look at the recipe.
- Non fat plain yogurt, ½ cup
- Lemon juice, 2 tsps
- Part-skim ricotta cheese, ½ cup
- Chopped water chestnuts, ¼ cup
- Thinly sliced scallion, 4
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Pepper, ¼ tsp
- Scallions, ½ cup
- Salt ½ tsp
- Frozen chopped, thawed and squeezed spinach, 5 ounces
- Combine lemon juice, sour cream, garlic, salt, pepper and cheese in a blender to form a smooth paste.
- Transfer them in a bowl and mix with water chestnuts, scallions and spinach. Blend once again.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for one hour.
Chicken is rich in protein and is considered to be the healthiest for people willing to lose weight. Weight Watchers chicken recipes come in varieties and we have explained you one over here with 7 points per serving.
- Frozen mixed vegetables, 10 ounces
- Uncooked rotini, 2 cups
- Cooked skinless boneless chicken breast, 9 ounces
- Freshly ground pepper, ¼ tsp
- Grated Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup
- Alfredo sauce, 15 ounces
- Cook the vegetables and pasta in boiling water for at least 10 minutes. Make sure the vegetables and pasta have been cooked well. Drain the water.
- Now add chicken, vegetable soup, salt and cheese in a bowl and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle pepper from top. Serve hot.
Buttermilk pancakes are absolutely healthy. It has 6 points per serving. Just be ready with the ingredients and start the process. Buttermilk is nutritious and semolina (rawa) is also low in calories. You can add a little all-purpose flour for easy preparation. Check out the recipe.
- Semolina, 1 cup
- All-purpose flour, ½ cup
- Baking powder, 1 tsp
- Baking soda, ½ tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Sugar, 2 tsps
- Low fat buttermilk, 1 cup
- Beaten egg, 1
- Vegetable oil, 1 tsp
- Combine semolina, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Now mix the buttermilk, oil and egg. Beat well till the mixture acquires the desired composition.
- Once the mixture is prepared, heat the frying pan. Drop a teaspoon of oil and spread the batter to make pancakes.
- When one side turns golden brown, turn the other side to get crispy pancakes. Serve hot with tamarind or tomato sauce.
Soups are healthy, if prepared with fresh green vegetables. To add taste, you can garnish with fat free cheese. We have presented you the recipe for a soup containing cabbage, sweet corn and non fat broth. You get 0 points per serving.
- Non fat broth (chicken, beef or vegetables), 3 cups
- Minced garlic cloves, 2
- Green beans, ½ cup
- Chopped cabbage, 2½ cups
- Chopped carrot, ½ cup
- Oregano, ½ tsp
- Basil, ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Tomato paste, 1 tbsp
- Pepper, 1 pinch
- Chopped zucchini, ½ cup
- Spray cooking oil on the soup maker bowl. Sauté the carrots, garlic, onions in it for at least 5 minutes.
- When they become tender, add chopped cabbage, green beans and tomato paste. Stir well.
- Now add salt, oregano and pepper to taste. Simmer the soup till the vegetables get completely cooked.
- Add zucchini to the soup and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with low fat cream and butter before serving (optional).