Tooth Pain Relief
There are several ways by which you can relieve your toothache; over the counter medicines as well as several home remedies. Let us first look at the various homes remedies for toothache relief.
- Cloves are one of the best remedies for toothaches. You can either chew on a piece of clove or you can also use clove oil to ease the pain. Put a few drops of the oil on the affected part and it will make the area numb and also reduce the pain.
- Small pieces of onion placed on the affected area also helps to get rid of the irritating pain.
- A swig of whiskey can also help. The alcohol, upon contact with the gums around the affected area, acts like a kind of anesthesia, which reduces the pain.
- Swishing salt water in your mouth, is also of great help. This not only soothes the pain, but it also helps in killing the harmful microbes in the mouth.
- Wheat grass juice also acts as a good pain relief option. It can be used as a mouth wash or it can be chewed to get rid of the pain.
- Black pepper is good for toothache as well as bad breath. A paste of black pepper and salt, applied on the cavity can do wonders.
- A mixture of mustard oil and salt, is a good option. Massaging your tooth with this mixture will be good for the aching area.
- Vanilla extracts too can be used to make the aching area numb, thus reducing the pain. Dried peppermint leaves are also good for a toothache. Place these leaves around the tooth for around 10 to 15 minutes (and do this for at least 10 to 15 times) and then throw it out. This acts as a good painkiller and provides fast toothache relief.
- Using iodine is also a good option for a pain killer. However, one has to be careful not to swallow it.
- Use of an ice pack is also a great remedy, which you can try out at home. Hold an ice pack around the affected area and compress it.
- Another remedy is to use sliced cucumber. Hold these slices around the affected area and the pain will ease off on its own. You can also use refrigerated cucumber.
- A mixture of turmeric powder and mustard oil applied on the aching tooth, is not only good for getting rid of the pain, but also the problems related to tooth decay.
- Another amazingly good pain relief option is massaging the earlobe on the side of the ache. Massaging it for 10 to 15 minutes, will slowly reduce the pain.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.