Facial Hair Growth Products for Men
So how effective are these products? Do they really speed up the process of facial hair growth? Or is it all just a marketing gimmick? Well, from what I've read and heard, here is the truth. The following facts should provide a better idea of the usefulness of these products.
Growth of facial hair almost entirely depends on the following factors:
- Testosterone levels
- Overall health (to a certain extent)
As far as these products are concerned, I would say that there are no known products which guarantee to stimulate facial hair growth, or speed up the process. Facial hair growth is different from hair growth on the head, and cosmetic hair growth products are known to be effective only in the case of the latter. Growth of facial hair is a natural process and one that takes its own sweet time. However, if you're hellbent on trying to speed up the process of growing a beard, you should try the following:
- Try taking small doses of Biotin (a water-soluble B vitamin). It is said to boost the process of hair growth (in case of hair on the head). Who knows, maybe it can produce the desired results with the facial hair too. However, it is recommended that you consult a doctor before taking any such nutritional supplements.
- Try massaging your jaw, chin, etc. with a little bit of eucalyptus oil. Eucalyptus oil is said to be good for hair growth and it may speed up the process of growing a beard.
- Try shaving. Shaving, more often than not, results in the hair growing back faster and thicker. It may well help you speed up the process of growing a beard and getting your desired beard style.
- Cleanliness is another factor which promotes fast growth of facial hair. Use of steam is especially helpful which allows opening the pores of skin and makes the process of cleaning much easier. Exfoliation, i.e., removal of dead skin is another process which opens the pores of skin.
- It is observed that the build-up of stress is responsible for slowing down of hair growth. Not only does stress causes the slow down of hair growth, but also makes the hair brittle and weak. The solution to overcoming this problem is doing exercise and meditating regularly.