How to make Dried Apples
Women and men tend to over shop when it comes to purchasing fruits and vegetables. There have often been times, when you must have brought some extra pounds of your favorite fruit and just didn't know what to do with it. Let's suppose the same situation happened with apples, you have a lot of them and you don't know what to do with it. So why not make a bunch of dried apples in oven.
- Making dried apples in oven is very easy and it can be done within few minutes. Start by selecting a good bunch of apples and wash them thoroughly with running water. Make sure you don't buy mushy, bruised or rotten apples.
- Place them in cold water for few minutes and remove the skin of the apple. Make sure you also remove stickers and labels which are fixed on the apple. Cut of any soft parts.
- Remove the kin with a peeler. It is totally you choice if you want to remove the skin or not. if you want your job to be easy, use mechanical peelers. They peel fast and are easy to handle.
- Now, preheat the oven to 150°F. Place the apples on the oven racks and make sure they don't touch each other.
- For better taste some people also sprinkle apples with spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg or allspice.
- Dried apples in oven need at least 7 to 10 hours to cook, but if you can't wait that long you can increase the temperature by 200°F to speed up the process.
- Keep checking them at regular intervals so that the apples don't get burnt.
Frozen dried apples are a great recipe and they taste icy and sweet. With a sharp knife cut apple into thin slices. With apples, you get an advantage because apples taste good even when they are frozen. Now, arrange these slices on a tray and put them in the freezer. Have a look at your apples again in an hour. They would be frozen and have very less water content. Let these apple slices stay in the freezer for a week and you will see that its water content has turned into water vapor. Your slices will completely dry off within a week. To check if it's completely dried, remove one slice and thaw. If it's not been dried, it will turn black immediately. If it has dried the slices will not change color.
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
So, this is how you make dried apples? Hope this article was an interesting read. You can also make a homemade salsa recipe and enjoy it with your dried apples to have a sweet and tangy flavor.