Cheese for Health
With a steady increase in the number of health-conscious people, cheese is getting infamous for its high fat content. There is no doubt, that cheese is appealing to your taste buds; but it can skyrocket your daily calorie intake. However, it offers various health benefits, that may vary slightly with the type of milk used, and the process of manufacture. In general, cheese contains certain nutrients, that make this dairy product healthy. They include protein, vitamin A, vitamin B2 and B12, calcium, zinc, magnesium, and phosphorous.
- Cheese is good for bone health. This is because of the high levels of calcium in this dairy product. Even vitamin D is found in considerable amounts, and it helps in proper absorption of calcium in the body. This dairy product is said to be useful for prevention of osteoporosis.
- Cheese is good for dental health, as it is rich in calcium and vitamin D. These nutrients make the teeth stronger, thereby preventing cavities. Intake of cheese is good for preventing wear and tear of the enamel.
- It has been suggested that, cheese may prove useful for preventing colon cancer. It is also claimed that this dairy product can be beneficial for women, as it can prevent bone loss during menopause, alleviate the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, and reduce the frequency of migraine attacks.
- Cheese is also known for its role in improving skin health. This is due to its vitamin B content, that helps to keep the skin healthy and glowing. Some types of cheese are said to be good for boosting the immune system.
- Cheese is also used for weight gain. While weight gain is not advisable for many, there are some people, who need to gain some weight, to become healthy. In such cases, cheese consumption is a good option.