How to Use Centirum Silver
You should take Centrum Silver as per the directions given by the doctor. If you have not understood the instructions properly, ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain it to you clearly. It is available in the form of chewable tablets, as well as in liquid form. If you are using tablets, then chew them properly, before swallowing. When you are using the liquid form, use a dose measuring cup or spoon. Never use your regular household tablespoon. Take the dose of supplement with one glass of water. Preferably, it should be taken with food which can minimize the chance of a stomach upset. Do not take it with dairy products or calcium supplements. This is because calcium tends to make the absorption of certain components of the multivitamin, difficult.
Some people tend to experience side effects till the time their body gets accustomed to the supplement. Others may experience it when their body reacts adversely to one of the components of the supplement. Here are a few of the most commonly observed ones:
- Some people get a headache after the intake of Centrum Silver in the first few days.
- An unpleasant taste in the mouth is experienced by some people who have used this product. However, it is nothing serious and goes away after sometime.
- A burning sensation can be felt in the skin, which many people describe as a feeling similar to a minor sunburn. In most cases, this sensation goes within a few hours of ingestion.
- Gastrointestinal problems like upset stomach, diarrhea, nausea, and constipation may also occur. These symptoms are usually quite minor and go once the body adjusts to the multivitamin.
- Allergic reaction towards any vitamins and minerals that are found in the formula of multivitamins. The signs and symptoms of allergy include hives or skin rash, itching, dizziness, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat. Such a reaction could be a serious issue, and might need emergency medical intervention.
- When Centrum Silver is not administered as per the recommended dosage. Over dosage symptoms like stomach pain, diarrhea, loss of appetite, weakness in muscles and joints, weight loss, pale skin, change in menstrual cycles, blood in urine, etc. are observed.
- Certain mineral overdose can cause tooth staining, irregular heartbeat, frequent urination, etc.
Many of the side effects can be avoided, if you provide all the necessary information to the doctor about your medical history and lifestyle. You must disclose this if you have any chronic allergies, chronic health problems related to stomach or liver, any history of alcohol abuse, any deficiency disease, anemia, etc. If you are taking any other medicines, your doctor should be aware of that. Once your doctor has prescribed you the medicine, do not worry about the side effects and trust your doctor's judgment.
Disclaimer: This article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.