Nutritional Data of Centrum Silver
The following table describes the centum silver vitamins ingredients; which mainly include vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that promote the health of your heart, bones and eyes. Centrum Silver Adults 50+ contains calcium, lutein1, lycopene, vitamins A, B6, B12, D, etc. Women over 50 are especially prone to osteoporosis (scarcity of estrogen causes low blood calcium levels and low bone density). Calcium and vitamin D from these vitamin tablets help maintain the health of the bones. The following table explains the nutrition facts of one centrum silver multivitamin and multimineral, citrus berry, chewable tablet.
|Centrum Silver Ingredients||Amount|
|Vitamin A (75% as Beta carotene)||4000 IU|
|Vitamin C||75 mg|
|Vitamin D||400 IU|
|Vitamin E||70 IU|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)||2.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2 ( Riboflavin)||2.7 mg|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||12 mg|
|Vitamin B6||7 mg|
|Vitamin B12||25 mcg|
|Folic acid, Folate, Folacin||500 mcg|
|Pantothenic acid||10 mg|
There are numerous other ingredients present in centrum silver; which include sodium selenate, sodium ascorbate, zinc oxide, sorbitol, dibasic calcium phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose, calcium carbonate, ascorbic acid (Vit. C), magnesium oxide, dl-alpha tocopherol acetate (Vit E), gelatin, natural and artificial flavors, ascorbyl palmitate, aspartame, BHT, calcium pantothenate, cholecalciferol (Vit D), chromic chloride, citric acid, lactose, etc. These details might help you compare centrum silver vitamins ingredients with the ingredients of other popular supplements. You can check the list of ingredients for allergens too.
Though centrum silver is considered as the best multivitamin supplement, side effects may occur. Some people may experience a negative reaction to one of the vitamins or minerals present in these supplements. Choosing the best multivitamin can be a challenging job.
Very few people have experienced the side effects of these multivitamin tablets. The side effects caused by centrum silver ingredients include
- Allergic reaction like hives or rash, difficulty breathing, and/or swelling of the lips, face, tongue and throat.
- Upset stomach
- Burning sensation in the skin
- Unpleasant taste in the mouth
- Centrum multivitamin supplements promote conversion of food into energy and help boost your energy levels.
- They help strengthen the teeth and the bones, help maintain healthy teeth/bones.
- They promote metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins.
- They strengthen the immune system.
- They protect against cell damage.
- They promote development and fast repair of bones and the connective tissues.
- They help maintain heart health.
- They help keep pace with your (adults 50+) changing nutritional needs.